Twenty

Y/n's POV

I'm not sure where are we going. First I thought we go into the woods to save Johnathan but this is not the way there. Maybe she takes a shortcut, no that's not possible. To the forest takes just one road and I know that because I know Hawkins more than I know myself. I stop worrying about it. Just breathe in and out.

I take look at Mike, he is still looking out of the window. Even if he is in the same car, I feel distant from him. Maybe he is just nervous before his sister. Mike looks so deep in thoughts, about what he is thinking? Is it me, no maybe Eleven? Ahhh I should stop overthinking.

I sigh and look at Nancy. She is the one who is driving. Although she is trying to be strong and don't break down. I can see her hurt in her eyes. I feel so...how is the word? Useless this is how I feel right now. I can't help her, I'm still weak. My battery is empty. My arms are lightly shaking, I won't just shut my eyes and sleep, but I need to stay awake for Nancy, for Johnathan, and especially for Mike. I don't want to something happened to him. What if he will try to help Johnathan and he will end up stuck in the upside. I can't let this happen.

We arrive at some fancy house. It looks so familiar. Like I was here already. Hmm maybe it's because I know Hawkins, so well. Anyways where I was..oh yeah. Nancy goes out of the car and rings the bell. The door opens reveals a boy with brown hair. Maybe some age like Nancy. Wait is this-

My thoughts are cut off by him entering the car. He turns around and looks at me. His eyes widen. "Y/n," he asks. I smile at him cheerfully.

"Steve," I say softly. It is him.

Edited 25 April 2021