What happens when you ignore them/pay more attention to your pet?

Requested by CraybbiCray

Note: (P/N) means Pet's Name

Media/art credit: official art.

——————

Yuuri Katsuki
• You ignoring him is never intentional, it's always on accident.
• When the two of you moved in, both of you opted to adopt a puppy.
• It's a similar breed to Makkachin, while Makkachin is a poodle, (P/N) is a crossbreed of a poodle a Maltese.
• You don't skate like Yuuri, instead, you work in the literature department meaning that you work from home a lot.
• Since Yuuri spends most of his time at the ice rink or the gym, it's just you and (P/N). It's like that most of the time to the point that you only see (P/N) on certain days.
• Now, you thought it was your normal day, Yuuri practising with Viktor at the ice rink with you typing away at your computer to send to you editor by 10 PM. What you didn't know is that Viktor far Yuuri the rest of the day off to rest.
• Since you were wearing earphones, blasting music through them as if they would help you concentrate (which somehow worked) you didn't hear the door open but you did feel (P/N) move from their spot on your lap to go to what caught their attention.
• Yuuri was calling you name for quite a while, so he assumed that you were sleeping.
• Since he thought you were sleeping, he took a shower because he was sweaty from practice.
• From walking to your shared bedroom, he noticed you on your computer, slouched and eyes tired.
• "(Y/N), (Y/N) darling"
• He couldn't tell you were wearing earphones because they're ✨wireless✨ and your hair covered them.
• He thought you were mad at him sjejsksh
• So he got changed and went downstairs to make you some food, more importantly, your favourite food.
• He then came back to your room with a plate of food with a bottle of water.
• You still didn't realise that he was home until you felt the plate lightly brush against your arm.
• That's when you realised he was home.
• "You're home? I didn't know. You should've told me! You must be tired, you didn't have to prepare me food."
• That's also when he noticed the earbuds in your ears.
• "So you weren't ignoring me? Thank goodness."
• "I would never ignore you, Baby! I'll make it up for you, I'll make you some food and we'll eat together. Then we can watch a movie together."

Viktor Nikiforov
• This man thrives off of your attention.
• So your amazing friends Mila and Yuri dared you to ignore him for 24 hours.
• Obviously you couldn't do this alone so you had the assistance of the unwilling Yurio and the willing Makkachin.
• At the rink, you would be watching Yuri, giving him tips for his execution and emotion whilst Viktor was watching Yuuri.
• At home, you would be playing with Makkachin, running around the house or going outside to go on a run.
• All of these events would happen just before Viktor could say your name or when he is half-way through saying your name.
• "(Y)-"
"Oi (Y/N)! Do I look aggressive enough!"
"You don't need to try and look aggressive Yurio!"
• He is dramatic, you feel sorry for Yuuri as he has to deal with Viktor's whining.
• You text Yuuri in advance though so he knows what's going on, you even offered to treat him to pork cutlet bowls after the next competition.
• When you're at home, you immediately start doting on Makkachin, saying how good they look, constantly feeding them attention.
• Viktor watches aside, for a few minutes, he finds it cute how you're getting on well with Makkachin but he then realises how he had not received any form of attention or affection from you since the minute you woke up.
• He glomps you.
• You have to react quickly so that the sudden increase in weight doesn't result in Makkachin getting crushed.
• "(Y/N) my angel! Why are you ignoring me?"
• We will question you about if he's hurt you in any shape or form. He starts listing off possible things he may have done that annoyed you the past week.
• This is when you consolidate him, taking him into a hug with Makkachin and tell him how it was all Mila and Yuri's idea.
• He's relieved but he now wants you to make it up to him.
• This means that you treat him to dinner and he gets to eat as much as he wants.
• RIP to your wallet
• But you still love him regardless.