【Chapter 17】

❝ 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Once (Y/N) went inside the Boar Hat the rest were left outside, still trying to process what the hell just happened. Even through the mist of their confusion, Meliodas who never seems to be fazed by anything just happily skipped inside the tavern. Looking back to the others Meliodas said, "Hey, are you guys coming?" The rest of the sins unconsciously nodded as their eyes still held astonishment at the power of (Y/N), the biggest mystery of them all.

Looking around inside the tavern (Y/N) and the other sins found it completely trashed, beer bottles shattered and chairs and table destroyed into splinters of wood. As Merlin went up towards the rooms she found them in mint condition, not harmed or touched in any way as they have seen when they left.

Even though Merlin has seen many things throughout the days, nothing that she has seen can compare with the power that (Y/N) has shown today, 'truly, being able to contort a natural element against its will turning it into a huge blow of concentrated wind to blow away nine of the Ten Commandments is no joke, none of them were able to resist the blast, to others that will lead to extreme exhaustion and eventually, death. However, when (Y/N) made that blast she didn't even seem to break a sweat. Makes me wonder what else she can do.'

Hearing footsteps going up the stairs Merlin immediately got out of her thoughts as she turned around with her usual confident smirk. Seeing that it was Elizabeth who causes her to go out of her thoughts made her give her a slight nod as she passed right by here and towards Gowther who was downstairs reading.

Sitting down next to Gowther Merlin let themselves engulf each other in silence, that is until Gowther let out an exasperated sigh with him getting the bookmark that was on the table and placing it in his last read. Looking up slightly towards Merlin he spoke with his same neutral tone, "Is there something you want of me, Merlin?" Letting out a low chuckle Merlin looked straight in his eyes, "Let's talk somewhere more private, shall we?" When she was about to get up Gowther gave the last comment, "It sounds like we're going to make love in private, or so I've heard when walking down streets and from books."

His last comment made Merlin give him an irritated look, with Escanor sadly overhearing it making him well up in anger, and it didn't help that it was daytime. Once they went outside the tavern quickly became quiet, though (Y/N) broke the awkward silence as usual. 

"So, can anyone tell us four on what we missed in the meeting? We are also a part of this war as well so we should also get the juicy details." (Y/N) said in her normal tone, everyone looked at her with insecure looks, should they tell her? Even though it would probably result in heads spinning it's worth a shot, almost.