28

A light tap against the door brought Teal out of her bed, she hadn't been sleeping. The task had been hopeless as soon as her phone call with Navy had started. The call she thought would help her calm down had only further served to stir up her anxieties. She stumbled her way to the door in the dark, wondering who would be bothering with her at just after midnight, and throwing it open when she caught sight of dyed blonde hair on the other side of the peephole.

"What are you doing?" She hissed after closing the door behind him. "I thought we said tonight was too risky. We have to leave for the airport in like two and a half hours."

"Plenty of time for me to show you something."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She asked him, her eyes blown wide with incredulousness.

"We've been in Bali a whole damn week and I haven't had the chance to enjoy one of my very favorite places with the only person I want to enjoy it with. There's something I want to show you, it isn't far and we'll be back in plenty of time just... bring towels and have your bag already loaded up." He said, his eyes shooting around the room and noticing her already packed suitcase and the outfit she intended to wear for the flight waiting.

"How do you suppose we're going to get around everyone who's up? And everyone who will be up when we get back? What if someone comes looking for you?"

"You worry too much. What's life without a little risk?"

"A lot less anxiety inducing." Teal mumbled but he responded by simply weaving their hands together and melding his lips with hers and she melted in the palm of his hand.

"Live a little, doll." He said, grabbing her hand and glancing through the peephole. When he had confirmed the coast was clear he pulled her after him into the hallway and towards an exit she hadn't noticed before.

The stairwell was empty and she burst into a fit of laughter as they raced away from the hotel, hoping Calum was as sure in where they were going as he seemed to be. They slowed their pace once they were out of view and walked for a while until they came to what appeared to be a trail head.

"Are we hiking?" She asked him? Confused and a little off put by the idea.

"Not far, where I want to go is just down this hill." He promised her. She gave him a hesitant look and followed behind him anyways. He wasn't lying, the path they took stayed densely foliated for only a few meters before opening to reveal a waterfall that fed into a large natural pool.

She stared at it, wondering how she hadn't heard the roar of the rushing water as it cascaded over the rocks as they had approached but mesmerized by the beauty of the spot even as it was only lit by the moonlight.

"Calum, this is—" She trailed off not sure what words she could use to describe what she was seeing.

"I know right." He said beside her. "First time Micheal showed me this place I fell in love with it. I always try to stop by wherever I'm here."

"Thanks for bringing me here." She said, angling her body towards him. It seemed the place was special to him, important like so many of the things about Bali he had told her. The whole week had been full of stories of the time he had spent in the country with his friends and bandmates and there was something almost sacred about the way he was sharing one of his favorite places with her.

"No one else I'd want to bring." He said, still staring ahead into the deep blue water as he squeezed her hand. "Come on then."

He began to walk and she stared after him until he turned back to her, the whites of his eyes shining in the full moon's light. "What are you waiting for?" He asked her.