16

"markie," yugyeom says groggily from the elder's bed, not awake enough yet to get up and stand next to him.

mark had made sure to keep his headphones off one of his ears so he'd be able to hear when yugyeom woke up and said something to him.

"yeah, baby?" he can only glance back at yugyeom for a second because he doesn't want to be distracted from his game for too long until he can finish his game and leave his desk.

yugyeom stumbles a bit as he crawls out of bed to sit on the ground next to mark's desk. he lays his head on mark's lap and just waits. he nearly falls back asleep but before he does, mark finishes his game and runs a hand through yugyeom's hair.

mark chuckles and moves so that yugyeom can stand up and they can sit on the bed instead. yugyeom curls up next to mark as close as he can get and pulls the comforter up to his nose.

"what are you looking at?" mark asks playfully when he sees that yugyeom is just looking up at him, "do you want a kiss or something?"

yugyeom nods with a big smile on his face and moves so it's easier for them to kiss. when mark only gives him a quick peck, yugyeom pouts and just looks up at mark, waiting for a better kiss.

mark smiles and leans back down to give his boyfriend a longer kiss. the boy giggles when mark pulls away. he presses his face into mark's chest because he's blushing and just really happy.

"markie, my friends are still being weird about you," yugyeom says sadly once he and mark had been just laying there for nearly 20 minutes and he was thinking about how his friends feel about his and mark's relationship, "they think you're mean."

"you thought i was mean. i am mean, just not to you," mark tells him, "i'm kinda a mean person, gyeom."

"but you're not mean to me. that's what matters. you don't even do anything mean that much, you just get in trouble."

"maybe they think i'm a bad influence on such a sweet boy. maybe they just care about you and are really bad at showing it. i'll try to talk to them more, okay? i want to get along with your friends. youngjae doesn't like me, right? well he absolutely hated jaebeom when they met."

yugyeom is honestly surprised when mark explains that it took jaebeom months to get youngjae to even see him as something other than a piece of trash who just would get in his way every once in a while. youngjae and jaebeom are a great couple now, yugyeom never expected they weren't always so obsessed with each other.

"so if they can all like jaebeom, i'm sure they can get used to me eventually. i'm only a little worse than him."

"markie," yugyeom whines, "my friends are just jerks."