18

"Professor McGonagall! Professor!" She called tripping up the staircase to the headmistress' office.
"What on earth is goin- Merlin's beard, it can't be, it simply isn't possible..." the aging professor  paled dramatically.
"Hello Professor McGonagall..." Erica waved timidly.
"Miss Black, is that you?"
"Yes professor... I... it is me"
"Merlin..." she mumbles...
"What exactly are you doing here Miss Black?" This question caught Erica a bit off guard, she had expected questions, of coursealong these line and more towards the "how are you alive?" And "what
" I..." She stutters "I need to go somewhere that isn't here, I'm not sure where, obviously... but it's hard to explain" she says quickly, barely pausing for breath, tripping over her words.
"I see, well Miss Black, I suppose we'd better find you somewhere to go now, hadn't we?"

——————————————————————
"Professor McGonagall, we came as soon as we could! What's happened?" Called Harry Potter as he flooed into the headmistress' office quickly followed by his wife.
"Ah, Yes, Mr Potter. I'm afraid some.... troubling news has come to my attention. I didn't know who else to contact..." the Potter's couldn't help but notice her pale complexion and the slight tremble in her voice.
"Professor, please, what's happened?"
"Mr Potter... There's no easy way to say this but, Sirius Black's daughter, she's alive..."
"That isn't possible Professor, with all due respect, Erica Black died... almost twenty years ago"
"Yes Potter, I am perfectly aware of that thank you very much. But it is undeniably her. Erica Black is alive..."

"Okay," Ginny Potter cuts in "lets assume it is her, that Sirius' daughter is alive and here... why did you call us? With respect Professor McGonagall, neither of us ever really knew her..."
" no one did, no one alive anyway. I called you Mr Potter because you're, technically, her closest living relative, as her Godbrother. It was either yourself or one of the Malfoy's - I'm sure you'll agree I made the better choice.."