24

Gazing up at the familiar, small, run down cottage in front of her with a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

She shakily reaches out to open the garden gate and as she walks up the winding pathway to the front door she takes in the now wild, overgrown garden.
She thumbles as she unlocks the door and steps across the threshold into the past.
Like a photograph, the room had barely changed at all. Dusty wooden floor boards creak underfoot, the comfortable miss matched furniture now covered with white sheets and a thick layer of dust the wallpaper of her memories now peeling and shabby.
None the less, Erica smiles in the face of her new start.

————————————————————————

Erica Black ties back her long ebony curls and rolls her sleeves to her elbows. With a wave of her wand the paper begins to pull itself from the walls, and lay neatly in a pile on the floor. In no time the walls are striped and with yet another brief swish of her wand the bare wall is coated in a light airy hue. The young woman yanks the sheets off the items that furnished her memories before sweeping the floors furoughly.
With the help of magic, the house was bright and clean in no time.

——————————————————————

After spending a morning lining the bookshelves with not only her own books but her father And Godfathers volumes until they were bursting with literary and scholarly titles Erica headed to the market place in search of food.
She wanders from stool to stool picking up bread, milk, butter, fresh fruit and vegetables as well as a small amount of meat. She carries the bags back to the cottage and puts her shopping away in her newly cleaned kitchen.
—————————————————————

The last Black spent a long time furnishing and decorating the bedrooms of her home of which there were two. One, was small with a single bed, a wardrobe and dirty pink walls she repainted the walls a light, pastel yellow and filled the room with two twin beds and touched up the original wardrobe.

The second was trickier, a Gryffindor red wall, the other three an aged white colour. Against the feature wall stood the head board of a double bed, a small one draw bedside table on each side. A dresser stood on the opposite side of the room. After pausing momentarily in consideration she began.
Painting the feature wall a light blue colour, giving the white walls a fresh coat and leaving the furniture as was and just disposing if and replacing the decades old bedding with her own.

Erica Black smiles with pride at her new home, restored to its former glory.