Three

Unfortunately, Erica was home when Derek got back to their apartment, sitting on the couch watching tv at full volume. Derek foolishly thought he could sneak past her without having to dive into the events of his day, but as soon as she muted the television, he knew he'd been caught. He stopped in his tracks, halfway to his room, and sighed as Erica turned around to look at him, her eyes narrowed and nose scrunched.

"Someone had an eventful evening," she observed, a smirk on her lips as she gestured for Derek to come sit down on the couch. Reluctantly, he walked over to her and jumped over the back of the couch to meet his end. She wasn't going to let him get away without talking about what happened today, especially after he told her who it happened with. "Who was the lucky Grindr man today?" she teased, wrinkling her nose as she pinched Derek's shirt between her fingers, making him realize it was on backwards. Not to mentioned, he probably smelled like sex.

Derek hesitated, looking at the tv as Erica's show continued playing silently, just to get her judgmental eyes away from him. "It wasn't a guy from Grindr," he admitted. "I mean, not really." Technically, Stiles was on the app, but that wasn't how Derek ended up sleeping with him. And for some reason, Stiles was a lot different than those other strangers Derek met on Grindr.

Erica gasped, smacking Derek's arm enthusiastically. "This is a new one for Derek Hale," she replied with a grin. "So, where'd you meet this guy?" she demanded. Derek knew he couldn't lie, but he drew it out as long as he could, glancing into Erica's needy eyes as she waited for the gossip. "Come on, out with it!" she pushed.

Derek groaned, throwing his arm over the back of the couch. "Okay, fine," he sighed, giving into her need for drama. "It was the guy from the diner," he told her, watching her eyes grow wide. "His name is Stiles-"

"I remember," she cut him off, still wide eyed as her jaw dropped. "The guy you said wasn't your type," she reminded him, raising an eyebrow as she waited for his excuses. He didn't have any. It kind of just happened. "How the hell did that even happen?"

Derek chuckled nervously, replaying the moments with Stiles again in his head, until the images got too intimate and he shifted uncomfortably, returning his attention back to Erica. "I happened to be outside the diner when he got off work and he mentioned he wasn't looking for anything serious, and suddenly we were taking each others clothes off in my backseat," Derek explained, his face hot as he thought about Stiles naked again.

Erica gasped dramatically. "In your car?!" she exclaimed, her hands on his knees as she lunged forward to make her point that this was surprising news to her. "You never let your hookups anywhere near your things, Derek! Their disgusting scent lingers for days, especially after sex. What the hell?!" she demanded. Derek couldn't tell whether she was angry, or just surprised by Derek's revelation.

"He smells so good, though," Derek blurted out, cringing at his own words as soon as they left his mouth. He felt like he was back in high school, watching his classmates stupidly fall in love with people they hardly knew. "God, I messed up," he grumbled, gently shoving Erica out of his face and back into her own space.

"You actually like this guy," she realized, a look of pity on her face. She knew as well as he did that relationships were off the table for werewolves, unless by some chance he could meet another gay werewolf who he actually liked. "Derek, you probably shouldn't see him again. You know how dangerous it is for humans," she said, her voice soft and understanding.

"It's just sex," Derek told himself, but Erica nodded as he said it. "A one time thing," he said to her, to make himself feel better. "If we avoid the diner, I won't even have to see him again."