Chapter 1: The Spark

This is my first fanfic so plz don't judge too harshly :)

It's a week before the final exams for Class 1-A.  Everyone is studying for the written tests and training rigorously for the practical test.  Tsuyu Asui (But she'll tell you to call her Tsu) has spent the last few hours studying in her dorm and wanted to see if her friends wanted to hang out.  She knocked on her friend Mina Ashido's door first.

"Oh hi Tsu" 

Ashido said as she opened the door

"Whats up?"

"Bored of studying ribbit.  I wanted to see if you and Uraraka maybe wanted to do something?" 

Tsu replied with a yawn

"I'm down.  Low key really hungry actually.  Why don't we grab some ramen?"

Tsu didn't realize how hungry she was ether until Ashido mentioned food

"Yeah sure sounds great Mina"

They picked up Uraraka and met Hagakure and Jirou in the common room.  Yaoyorozu was still studying and didn't have the time to go with them.  The girls went to a ramen place and then walked around the town for a bit clearing their heads of math equations and chemical formulas.  They ended up staying out way later then they intended to, and most of their classmates had already gone to bed.

 "Goodnight Hagakure" 

Tsu waved to her friend as the invisible girl entered her dorm.  Tsu was holding back another yawn as she started towards her door, but then she heard a faint sound of a guitar.  It couldn't be from Jirou, as she was two floors down and this was coming from around the corner.  She rounded the hall to discover it was coming from one of the male dorms who's door was open ajar.  As she walked up to it she realized it was Tokoyami that was playing.  She remembered now that he could play guitar when he accompanied Jirou in their class festival during the concert they all performed.  She realized she never TRULY heard him play before, as she was so busy on not messing up her dance moves that she didn't really pay that close attention to the music.  Plus he never mentioned it or talked about it.  She paused outside his door for a bit to give his playing her full attention.  

Wow he is so talented.  I never knew he was that good

 Tsu thought to herself.  Tokoyami played a beautiful fingerstyle piece that made her feel things music hadn't made her feel before.  When he finished the song, she blushed slightly and wondered what song the bird boy was going to play next. She couldnt help but stiffle a laugh when she realized he was playing a cheesy pop song, which of course turned out to be one of her favorites.  She was humming to herself and she got lost in the music again and accidentally started singing along. Tokoyami immediately stopped playing and Tsu covered her mouth realizing what she had done.

"Asui? Is that you?" Tokoyami called out?

"Y-Yeah its me ribbit"

How did he recognize my voice?

Tsu thought while blushing slightly as she opened his door.  Tokoyami sat in a chair, his face obscurred in darkness.  The only thing you could in the small dim purple lights that he had were his legs and the guitar in his hands.  She thought his room was both scary and awesome at the same time. Tokoyami increased the brightness of the lamps and Tsu could now fully see all of Tokoyami.  

"I didn't know you liked Katy Perry"

 Tokoyami blushed and rubbed the back of his head

"Who doesnt? anyway Its really cool that you know how to play that song on guitar ribbit. You're really good Tokoyami!"

"Thanks"

Tokoyami replied as he picked up his guitar again

"You know any more Katy Perry songs?" 

He asked her while smiling

"Of course I do!" 

They spent another hour jamming out to songs while Tokoyami played.  As the night wore on, the pair had started to inch closer and closer to each other.  Tsu just felt so comfortable and relaxed being with Tokoyami, and the lonely bird boy was enjoying the company.  They were both lost in song and Tsu was having such a great time she didn't realized how late it had gotten until she glanced at the clock.  She jumped up suddenly realizing she had to go and get some sleep before intense hero training tomorrow.

"Thanks you for playing for me Tokoyami.  I had a lot of fun ribbit" 

Tsu said as she opened the door

"No problem Asui, I had fun too"

Neither would realize it, but that night would be the start of something special.