Chapter 3: Is This A Date?

All Tsu could think about was that night Tokoyami played his guitar for her.  She would smile so wide and her cheeks would turn pink remembering how beautiful his playing was.  It was almost dinner time and Tsu was finishing up some homework.  Well maybe more like trying to finish.  She kept getting distracted, her thoughts only of the lonely bird boy in the corner.

Since when did I start thinking so much about Tokoyami?  He's just a friend.  I don't think of him in any other way..... Do I?

She also found herself stealing glances at him, even right now. He looked so calm and peaceful.  Standing in the corner alone like always, his eyes always reading the same blank stare he gave everyone.  You never knew what he was thinking.  She never realized how good looking he was.  His feathers glistened in the sun, his chiseled muscles popping out of a metal band T-shirt, his soft red eyes that never made her afraid.  If anything quite the opposite.  Tsu realized just how much she loved looking into his eyes.  So much in fact that she didn't notice those eyes were looking right back at her!

Quickly she blushed and turned away but it was too late.  Tokoyami was already heading towards her!

________________________________________________________________________________

 1 Hour Earlier

Tokoyami lay sprawled out on his bed, his hands covering his face.  He was so angry and confused.  

Why am I still thinking about Tsu? I played a few songs for her a few nights ago and that was it.  We've hung out alone before, so why did this time feel so different?

He hated this feeling.  He absolutely hated it.  He knew relationships were pointless and stupid.  It's why he had no parents.  Come to think of it, he never really had a family.  Dark Shadow had been his only true companion throughout his entire life.  Especially in the hero world, having that kind of tether to someone could only be a weakness a villain could exploit.  He didn't need anyone.  He had Dark Shadow, and he will always be with him.  More importantly, the creature would never break his heart or abandon him like a girl most certainly would.  Tokoyami was used to being alone, and because of his bird face, he never thought a girl would ever find him attractive.  He never had a problem being alone and never thought of girls before, so when all he could think about was Tsu and her beautiful big eyes, it made him so angry.

AAAGGGGHHHH WHAT IS THIS DEVILRY 

"It's called having a crush stupid"

Dark Shadow teased as Tokoyami let out a sign

"I don't have a crush.  You know this better than anyone.  Plus, Tsu is just a friend"

Tokoyami replied

"You just said yourself you've never felt like this before.  You haven't been able to stop thinking about her since she came over to our room that one night"

Dark Shadow was now laughing as he flew around the room

"C'mon! you know you want to see her again.  And you want to do more than just talk"

Dark Shadow delivered that last line with a wink.

"What else could I possibly want to do with her" 

Grunted Tokoyami

"You know you want to hold her hand, and cuddle her close to you, maybe kiss her a lit-"

Dark Shadow couldn't finish as Tokoyami started throwing pillows and whatever he could at the beast.

"I've had enough of you I'm going to dinner"