⁴. New Proposal

Jimin can't fucking focus, and it's all because of his mate. He exhales sharply, slamming the file onto the table in front of him with an unnecessary power. He digs his fingers through his black locks, massaging on his scalp as he attempts to regain his focus.

He thought he would never find his mate, but why, goddamn why did she show up all of sudden? He hoped that he would just die like his own brother. He only has two more weeks until he turn 28, now, he has a chance to survive because he found his mate. But why is he sad? Why is he upset and angry? Maybe, he must talk to her. She doesn't deserve this. It was never her fault. He must convince her to reject him, he can't let her be in pain because of him.

" Officer Park." Hearing the voice he loathes, Jimin's brows knit together, angrily. He nearly shouts at Taehyung to leave him alone, but as he turns around he notices the other one who came along with the Alpha. His hearts calms down catching the glimpse of the person he missed terribly for the past 10 years, Park Bogum, his brother.

Park Seojoon, Park Bogum, Park Jimin. Park Minhyuk's sons. Three brothers who never had a happy family or a childhood as family. Seojoon presented as an Omega and got rejected by his Alpha, Song Hyebin, he died of heart break two years back. Park Bogum, a beta, since he couldn't get presented, his father was never fond of him, called him a disgrace, kicked him out of the house at the age of 20. And, just the way their father wanted, Jimin finally presented as an Alpha.

"Hy-yung?" Jimin calls in a pained voice.

"Jiminnie, you've all grown up. A handsome Alpha indeed. Father must be very proud." Bogum walks towards Jimin, a proud and genuine smile adorning his face.

The two brothers hugs and shares a brief moment together, Jimin's heart feeling lightened.

"Hyung, you must come home. Father would be happy if you-"

"No Minnie, you do remember right? He disowned me. He didn't even let me see Seojoon for the last time. I won't come. Not when, even our mother doesn't want me to. But, I can see you right? You can come to hyung's place." Bogum ruffles the Alpha's hair. At this, the corners of Jimin's lips droop into a small frown. Watching all this, Taehyung scoffs.

Rolling his eyes, Jimin swivels around to glare at the Alpha. “Why are you here, fuckwit?” He sneers.

Taehyung's thick lips sink into a smirk, boredom flickering in his narrowed chocolate irises.“ Our feelings are mutual, Park. I didn't not come to see your sibling bond or other disgusting shits.” He gives Jimin an irritated eyeroll. Shaking his head, Jimin  laughs.

“Still acting the same, right, Kim? All mysterious and unpredictable. But you know you're pathetic and living with all that insecurities, eh?”

At this Taehyung's expression sours, “Don't pretend like you are better.”

“Don't look so bitter, Taetae.” Jimin drawls mockingly, his voice dripping venom.
"Can you just shut up?" Taehyung slams his palm angrily on the table, his eyebrows scrunching together. "Bogum Hyung, we are supposed to collect the information regarding the case. I don't want to cause anymore chaos." He mutters the last part underneath his breath, but it's no doubt Jimin heard that.

Before Jimin could throw another nasty shade of Taehyung, Bogum butts in.

“Jimin ah, enough. We're here to ask you few questions also, to arrange another meeting with our client, Haebom ssi.”  Jimin tenses in hearing his brother. The case.

“Hyung, it's complicated. As an officer, I can't disclose you much information. But, I can assure you one thing, Haebom ssi is innocent. The murderer is out there. And, we don't know how to connect the dots that we found.” Jimin shrugs his shoulder, showing his own helplessness.

“ So, our client is innocent and thanks to your confession, Park. Do you know what that mean, Park? Your job's in danger. You have arrested an innocent and let the murderer in loose which is resulting in to new victims.” Taehyung snarls in his deep ass voice, hands gesturing towards Jimin irritatingly, showing of the voice recorder pen in his hand.

Jimin freezes. His eyes goes wide as he stares at the two men in front of him. Did he just confessed them that the entire police force is nothing but a bunch of useless pussies who can't even find a murderer?

“N-no... it's not—” Jimin stammers, gulps down trying to hollow his throat from the painful knot in his throat.

“Goddamn it, Jimin ah. You're so pathetic. Don't you worry. We won't do such a thing. But, you need to do something in order to keep the impotence of your force as a secret.” Taehyung suggests, a wicked smile playing on his lips.

Jimin looks up at the other Alpha, his throat dry and itchy. He can't let the world know about this, it's a classified secret in the department.

“Just tell me. I'll do. I'll do anything.” In a small voice, the older Alpha responds.

“Taehy—”

“Shh Hyung. I got this. So, Park Jimin, In order to protect your department's face and fame, you must accept and mate with Hwang Jiyeon.” Taehyung doesn't know what's possessing him to tell the other Alpha such a personal thing, but he doesn't regret nor flinch.

“What? Wha-” Jimin stutters, his heartbeat raising, and feel another headache coming up.

“It's in your hands, Park. It's your call. You can accept or reject it. But, if you reject this, you'll suffer the consequences along with your department.” Taehyung suggests, lifting his brow curiously at the other. A very puzzled Bogum shakes his head at the two younger Alphas, not understanding what's going on.

Taehyung smirks when Jimin takes the bait and accepts the proposal. It's beneficial for both of them. For Jimin to be with his mate, and also, for himself. Maybe— he could find Jeongguk. Maybe— he is his mate.

★★★