27. Faith

As the boys went to the restroom to wash up, Raven and Talia sat alone at the dining table in the restaurant they had all decided on. Raven shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she felt Talia's piercing stare fixed on her. Avoiding her gaze, Raven kept her head low as she nervously picked at her fingernails.

She had no idea what to say. This woman had to hate her. She sent her son on a mission to kill her, and he ended up catching feelings for her. That couldn't be a good start to a relationship between the two women.

"I know what it's like to have a demon as a father," Talia suddenly spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

This caused Raven to lift her head up and meet Talia's gaze with a shocked expression. That was definitely not what she had expected to hear. When she didn't say anything, Talia continued. "They'll sacrifice you for their own selfishness, and then when they're done with you, you're useless to them."

Raven cleared her throat before responding. "That's... exactly how my father is," she spoke. "All he wants to do is use me for his portal so he can take over the world. I've always tried to do good things because I don't want to become like him."

Talia eyed her for a moment before a faint smile made its way to her lips. "I can tell my son sees something special in you," she said.

Raven's face swiftly flushed at the statement. "Really...?"

"I raised Damian to be the perfect soldier and avoid feeling emotion," Talia admitted and let out a short laugh. "Does that answer your question?"

Before Raven could answer her, the four boys returned to the table and took their seats. Almost immediately after they sat down, a waitress came by and collected everyone's orders.

As the group chatted amongst themselves, Raven couldn't help but feel dreadful for the night. She knew her father would be constantly persuading her to release him. It was inevitable.

Bruce had decided that Talia would stay with him. Damian was invited to go with the two, but he chose to go back to the tower with Raven for the time being.

"The entire team hates me now, don't they?" Damian questioned as him and Dick approached the front entrance of the tower. Raven had already went inside.

Dick rubbed the back of his neck. "I wouldn't say 'hate'. But, you'll probably have to earn their trust back," he answered.

"Do you trust me?" Damian decided to ask after thinking about it.

Dick met his curious gaze. "My- I mean, our dad, always has faith in others," he responded as he thought of the words to say. "No matter what wrong they've done in the past. So, I wanted to be like him and take a chance."

Damian raised his eyebrows the slightest before averting his gaze. "Thank you," he said, then hesitantly added, "Brother."

A small grin made its way to Dick's face as he opened the door for the younger boy to step through.

Raven noticed the two boys come in and quickly approached Damian, taking his hand in her own.

Garfield and Jaime were nowhere to be seen. Koriand'r was sitting on the couch, watching television.

When they both decided they were tired, Raven led Damian to her room.

"Must've been a rough day for you," Raven said as she watched Damian climb underneath the covers with her.

Damian let out a sigh as he laid on his side to face her. "Honestly, it's much to think about," he replied.

Raven let her eyelids fall closed. The two of them were quiet before Damian spoke up again. "Do you remember when you asked me if I believe in destiny?" he questioned.

"Yes," Raven answered as she met his gaze. "Why?"

"When you asked me that, I realized that it was true, you can change destiny. I wasn't destined to be an assassin, or to rule the world. I believe everyone was destined to be free, and do as they choose," Damian said, "And I choose to stay by your side."

Raven opened her eyes at the statement, a faint pink blush on her cheeks. When she didn't respond, Damian added more. "You weren't destined to destroy the world," he said. "I believe in you."

Her eyes burned as she squeezed them shut while tears were threatening to escape from them. Damian noticed this and quickly pulled her into an embrace, planting a kiss on her forehead as he did so.

Soon, Raven felt comfortable enough to fall asleep in his arms. Both of them were completely unaware of what was to come the next day. Nonetheless, they remained in each other's arms until dawn.