Untitled Part 5

1. Confusing Grace

Mamrie was awoken by the sound of loud knocking on the door. She snorted as she shot up as her dog Beanz barked anxiously at the sound.

"Shit what time is it?" she groaned rubbing her eyes.

The was a low groan next to her followed by a thick German accent saying, “like 2am. Fuck.”

Mamrie kissed Flula’s naked back then grabbed her robe. She covered her own nakedness then walked to the door where the knocking had only gotten louder.

"Jesus calm the fuck down!" Mamrie cried yanking the door open.

When she saw Grace standing there sobbing like crazy and looking like a straight up hot mess, Mamrie immediately went into friend mode.

"Grace, what’s wrong?"

"Hannah," Grace sobbed. "She’s gone."

Mamrie grabbed Grace’s hand and led her into the apartment. She sat her down on the couch and handed her a tissue.

Flula had gotten out of bed and was standing in the living room in just a pair of sweats. “I’ll make tea,” he said softly.

"Thanks Flula," Mamrie said with a small nod. She turned to Grace and said, "take a deep breath then tell me what happened."

"She told me about her promise to Alison," Grace said.

Mamrie looked surprised. “She told you?”

Grace nodded. “She said I made her break her promise.”

Mamrie sighed. “Oh I see.”

Grace started crying again and said, “she said she loved me and she hated me for it and she said I was dependent on her like a drug and that I didn’t really need her and then she left before I had a chance to tell her I love her too.”

Mamrie’s eyes widened. “You love her too?”

"Yes!" Grace said. "Mamrie she’s been gone for an hour and I miss her. I need her Mamrie, I want her."

Mamrie grabbed Grace’s hand and said, “okay let’s talk about love a little Grace. I want you two to be together really, I think you’d be so good for Hannah and you could be very happy together but now that I know what Hannah thinks about it I feel like maybe I’m pressuring you to be with her. I don’t want to convince you’re in love then you go for it and then realize you don’t really love her and you break Hannah’s heart horribly.”

"You’re not convincing me of anything Mamrie," Grace said in annoyance.

Flula returned to the living room and set down a cup of tea for Grace and Mamrie.

"Okay what does love mean to you?" Mamrie said.

"That’s a hard question Mames," Flula said sitting beside Grace on the couch.

"I’ve never loved anyone before but I know that all I think about is Hannah, I just wanna be with her all day long and I want to be with her. I want to kiss her and…I don’t know…"

Mamrie nodded and said, “what do you imagine when you think of having a relationship with Hannah?”

Grace stammered and shrugged. “I don’t know kinda like those couples in the sitcoms with the funny situations and all the cutest kids and they have dumb arguments that they fix by the end of the show and then cuddle together watching T.V with their kids. But behind closed doors we do all those things we’ve done this week.”

"You want kids with Hannah?" Mamrie said.

Flula intervened with a gentle, “Mamrie. That’s a tough question to ask. Some people don’t know if they wanna have kids until they find someone or several years into a relationship.”