Padfoot and Moony

"Sirius, get your lazy ass out of the bath, I wanted to talk to you about—-OH MY GOD!"

Standing next to the door, looking completely petrified, was Regulus. His eyes were so wide they were almost popping out of his head and his jaw was opened in a way that would be immensely funny in any other situation, nearly touching the floor.

However, as soon as his and Sirius' eyes met, the man quickly turned around and exited the bathroom in a hurry, and Sirius immediately felt the ultimately familiar panic begin to make its appearance.

"Regulus, wait!"

Sirius got out of the tub with a jump, splashing water everywhere, and then grabbed his towel, wrapping it securely around his waist.

Before running after his brother, though, Sirius turned to look at Remus, who still hadn't moved from his position in the bathtub. The boy looked completely mortified, and the fear was unmistakable in his amber eyes.

"Don't worry, love," Sirius told him in the most comforting way possible, pecking him quickly on the lips, "It will be alright. I'll be right back."

Sirius didn't even wait for an answer and bursted out of the bathroom, preparing himself for having to chase Regulus through the palace with only a towel covering him up. That would be utterly embarrassing and it would certainly raise a lot of questions, but what could he do, right?

Fortunately, though, and for his great surprise, his brother was standing next to his bed, waiting for him.

"Reg, please let me explain!"

Regulus' eyes, that were fixed on some spot on the floor while his mind seemed to work like crazy, shot up at the sound of Sirius' voice.

"Sirius, what the hell was going on in there?! Who is that man?!"

Silence stretched over the room for no longer than a few seconds as Sirius took a few deep breaths and prepared himself. Finally, he looked at his brother's silver eyes, that looked so much like his own, and told him the truth.

"That man is Remus Lupin. We...we are together, Reg. I am so sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"You are...WHAT?"

Sirius winced slightly at Regulus' loud outburst, but he supposed he couldn't really blame him. Walking into your older brother's bathroom and finding him naked with an unknown male in a bathtub, only for said brother to reveal they are together. In a romantic way. That was definitely something to be worked up about.

But before Sirius could even think of anything to say, Regulus began pacing around the room, though his eyes never left Sirius, "How on Earth do you even know the guy?"

"We met on the day The Selection started," an involuntary smile grew on Sirius' face and his eyes lightened up as he remembered the first time he saw Remus and the way he found himself instantly mesmerized by the other man, although he didn't understand why at the time, "He started working here that day. I couldn't sleep, so I left my chambers for a walk and...we just bumped into each other."

"A servant?"

Sirius' face immediately hardened at that, and his expression darkened considerably as he stared at his younger brother, "A person."

Regulus shook his head slightly, as if to get himself off that shocked state, and then nodded carefully, "Right, of course. I should not have said that, it's just...It's a lot to take in."

"I know."

They both just stared at each other for a few moments, neither of them quite knowing what to say, until something seemed to cross Regulus' mind and his eyes widened again.