𝕿𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖔

【Chapter   Twenty-Five】

🀢 🀣 🀥

The brunette practically shrieked in excitement as she pulled her sister into a hug for the tenth time that night, relishing in the familiar scent of her Chanel no.5 perfume.

Beaming from the back seat of the car, the blue-eyed girl couldn't contain the happiness bubbling in her chest as they drove down the only highway of their town. Although it had only been three months, Ariel was glad to be back home in Beacon Hills.

The dainty girl had been away from her hometown the entire summer as she tripped through France with her best friend, Allison Argent. They had been trying to uncover information about her family line to help her rise to the role of leader of her werewolf hunting family. Chris had also been teaching Ariel basic self-defense as well as a bit of Bojusto, or the Japanese art of fighting with a staff. The older hunter claimed that it would be best if she learned to utilize her skills and cunning rather than simply running around swinging a bat-like her boyfriend.

Ariel was still hardly near as good a fighter as Allison, who had mastered all her martial arts training and was now specializing in advanced fighting techniques. The young Martin often found herself too distracted by the beautiful country scape to join the huntress's early morning training sessions.

Their training wasn't the only thing that improved as both girls had found themselves at a Parisian beauty parlor at some point during their daily explorations of the small town. Allison had decided to chop off her long luscious locks for a much shorter look, feathering her hair to stop near her shoulder. Meanwhile, Ariel had opted for a more subtle look, adding in rouge lowlights as well as gaining layering her hair, which now fell to her butt, giving it a more wavy appearance.

"Ariel, would you stop hugging me while I drive," Lydia huffed, swatting her sister's arms away as her eyes remained focused on the road ahead.

The doll-like girl didn't seem to care as she moved away, a grin still imprinted on her lips. Ariel was determined that nothing would go wrong this year, "Sorry, sis. I am just so happy to be back home."

Lydia scoffed, grinning back at the girl, "You're just happy to be back with Stiles," she hummed, giving the youngest girl a knowing look as a bright red flush covered Ariel's cheeks.

"Yeah," Allison rolled her eyes as she playfully winked over to the other brunette, "Because it's not like you didn't call him every second we were in France."

"Hmm," Ariel smiled, thinking about the bourbon-eyed boy. She hadn't seen him all summer, and she couldn't wait to see him again. Her thoughts began to swarm with images of the buzzcut boy.

"At least I tried to remain in contact with the guys," Ariel scoffed giving Allison a pointed look.

Allison, choosing to ignore Ariels, turned to look over at Lydia, who appeared to be fixing her lipstick using her rear mirror, "Where exactly are we going?"