Day Four

Day Four
Title: First Day of Snow
Summary: ...it snows outside

Lloyd groans as his eyes slowly blink open. Glancing over at the window, his eyes widen when he realises it's still dark. Turning his head to the right, he checks the clock on his bedside table 3:30 am.

"That makes sense," Lloyd murmurs under his breath, trying not to wake Nya up, who is sleeping peacefully on top of him.

A quiet groan catches his attention, turning back to Nya, he rubs circles on her back to calm her down. A slight squirm and a smile from Nya, indicating that she's calming down. Lloyd smiles and kisses her forehead. Nya's smile widens at the action and the grip on his shirt becomes a little tighter, Lloyd wonders whether she's seeking comfort or just reminding herself that Lloyd is there. Lloyd traces circles along Nya's upper back until she relaxes in his arms.

"That's it."

Lloyd holds Nya's waist as he drifts back off.

☃︎☃︎☃︎
Lloyd groans as a door slams shut downstairs. Blinking his eyes open, Lloyd glances over at the clock, 6:40 am. Lloyd glances out of the window and his eyes light up when he sees the window sill adorned with snow.

"It snowed!"

Nya squeaks and bolts up, sitting up on his stomach.

"What...whats happened?" Nya asks, stretching and stifling a yawn.

Lloyd smiles and grabs her hands. Nya's face instantly heats up at the action.

"It snowed!" Lloyd repeats, gesturing to the window.

Nya glances over and then back at Lloyd as his lips curl up into an even bigger smile, his eyes lighting up like a Christmas tree. Nya glances between Lloyd and the window.

"Do you wanna go outside?"

Lloyd nods eagerly and leans up on his elbows. Nya bites her lip and nods.

"Sure...let...let's just grab some breakfast okay?"

Lloyd nods as Nya reluctantly climbs off his lap. Lloyd sits up and climbs out of bed. Nya grabs one of Lloyd's hoodies from the floor before and puts it on over her pyjamas. A light blush dusts across his cheeks as the hoodie drops down to her knees. Lloyd smiles and takes her hand, dragging her downstairs.

☃︎☃︎☃︎
Once the couple had eaten their breakfast and gotten into some warmer clothes, Lloyd drags Nya outside and into the fresh snow.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Lloyd asks.

Nya shivers and huddles up into his arm, "n-not really."

Lloyd tilts his head so he's looking down at her. Nya has her head buries into the crook of his elbow and she is clutching his gloved hand between hers.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Nya jolts and glances up at him. Sighing, she shivers and snuggles even more. Lloyd wraps his free arm around her and pulls her into his chest. Nya rests her head against his chest and squeezes his hands.

"Nya?"

"I don't like winter," Nya murmurs.

Lloyd threads this gloved hand into her hair and strokes it gently.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you out here."

Nya wraps her arms around his neck and leans against him. Lloyd holds her by her waist and pulls her closer. Nya rubs her fingers along the back of Lloyd's neck, tickling the ends of his hair. Lloyd chuckles and kisses her hair. Nya smiles and stares up at him.

"I...I don't like the snow...but it's not as bad if you're here."

Part two coming out tomorrow. I hope you have enjoyed it. Hope you're all staying safe and well.