Proluge Part 2

~*~*~Still a flashback~*~*~

  I walked out of the water, into camp. The engagement ring was in my pocket, safe and sound. I decided to take her to a hidden grotto to propose, but I wanted to keep the ring with me.
Then I heard cheering, I quickly went to the dining pavilion and saw most of the gods and campers there. They were chanting 'kiss, kiss, kiss'.  Deciding to see what was going on I quietly climbed a tree and looked to see what was happening.
What I saw nearly shattered my heart. I saw everyone there surrounding two people, one was Mikey the son of Apollo and the other was my Wise Girl. Now note I said nearly. As soon as Mikey kissed Annabeth she pushed him away screaming at him.

"What are you doing! You aren't my boyfriend! Percy is!" She yelled at him, looking very angry, and an angry Annabeth was never good.

"Annie-" Mikey started to say.

"Don't call me Annie."

"Percy isn't the guy he once was," he continued, "If you won't be with me then move onto someone else who won't hurt you. Someone who's not a danger to you or the rest of us. Someone who isn't a traitor." Everyone who was there other than Annabeth murmured in agreement. Even the rest of the seven.

"It is a wise choice daughter. I believe you and Mikey would be better together than with that sea scum." Athena said, the rest of the gods there agreeing with her.

"Yeah Annabeth, Percy's a traitor and a no good thief. You shouldn't be involved with someone like that. We're just trying to look out for you." Surprisingly Jason told her, wounding the bro-ship I thought we had.

  "I can't believe you all! Percy's fatal flaw is loyalty! You're all complete idiots! He even fell into Tartarus for me and saved everyone's lives over and over again! I swear to Styx that I will always stand beside him and will always love him! Even if you all can't see that he is never capable of these accusations!"  Thunder went off in the distance signifying that the swear went through. Warmth spread through my heart that was turning cold becasue of the betrayal of everything else. I'm forever grateful my wise girl will stand beside me. There were many shouts of outrage that followed though.

"I can't believe you would disrespect me like that! I Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and battle strategy hereby disown Annabeth Chase as my daughter for siding with the tratiours sea scum!"

Annabeth gasped, tears forming in her eyes, a silver glow emitting from her and making its way to Athena, but then it stopped and circled Annabeth again, absorbing back into her.

"Outrageous! How can my domain still side with the traitor!" Her now ex-mother yelled.

Zeus decided this would be a good point to step in, "Chain up the traitor! We'll judge her along with my brother's spawn when he comes back!"

The seven had a bit of sadness in their eyes, but did as Zeus told, then taking Annabeth, who was a bit weak from the disowning, into the big house to keep her there. I knew what had to be done, so I ran to my cabin.

~*~End of Flashback~*~

So yeah, I'm packing up everything I can in my cabin. I have a few of Annabeth's clothes too seeing as she sometimes leaves them here after we've gone swimming. She also sometimes stays the night becasue of nightmares. Surprisingly enough, cuddling helps keep Tarturus away. As soon as I found that I had everything we needed, I grabbed riptide and quietly made my way to where my Wise Girl was being held.

    Avoiding people you once called friends and family while trying to save the person that you love is hard, and I mean really hard. The only thing I was happy about was Chiron and Pollux weren't here right now. They had a mission where Chiron had to disguise as Mr.Brunner angin and seeing as Pollux is the only other person other than Annabeth who trusts me, he brought Pollux along as a helper. Reyna has temporarily handed over her title as praetor to someone else while she goes around the mortal world as a quest for some god, so she wasn't here either.
    Shaking my head, I focused again at the task at hand. I turned myself into an invisible mist, it was a trick I learned from Triton when we got the materials for the rings. Silently I crept through the shadows and made my way to where they were keeping the girl I loved.

Geez this sounds like a cheesy Romance movie.

Taking Riptide out, I kept it as a pen to pick the lock. To tell you I wasn't angry when I went inside wouldn't be a lie. Instead, I was furious. My wise girl was put into the middle of the room, chains wrapped around her hands, legs, waist, and neck. That wasn't the worst part though. Her eyes and cheeks were red, tears cascading down her face. I wanted nothing more than to just hug her and kiss her head, but right now I needed to get her out of there. Making sure the coast was clear I turned myself back into a human than a mist could.

"P-Percy?" She whispered hoarsely, her voice raw from crying.

I quickly went up to her and started to unchain her. "I'm here love, I'm here."

"N-no Percy, you need to leave now, what if they catch you."

I looked her in the eyes and took her hand, "I said this once before we fell into- there- and I'll say it again. We're staying together. You're not getting away from me. Never again." (Quote from Rick Riordan)

She smiled slightly and nodded, "As long as we're together," (Another quote from Riordan).

Finishing taking off the chains, I engulfed her in a hug. "It's gonna feel funny, but I'm gonna mist travel us to my father's place. He's on our side, okay?" I whispered in her ear. She nodded in return, but I continued and pulled away from her for a second. "Look, this isn't exactly the time or how I planned to-"

"Since when do you plan something?" She said a bit jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

I took a deep breath, "Since I planned," I took out the ring and bent down on one knee, "to ask you to marry me." She widened her eyes in shook, but I rambled on, "I was going to take you on a picnic and toss you an apple first like the ancient Greek way, but with everything that's happening I didn't-" she suddenly kissed me, stopping me from my rant, and I happily kissed back.

"Of course I'll marry you seaweed brain." My Wise girl smiled as she pulled back and put on the ring.

I smiled like a five-year old on Christmas morning and hugged her. "I'll tell you about the ring later, yeah? Right now we need to get to Atlantis."

"Agreed, we need to get away from here quickly."

"Then shall we go my beautiful fiancée?"

She chuckled at my antics and placed her hand in mine. "We shall"

And just like that we're gone, likely about to start a new crazy adventure.