Chapter 1: Karl

Karl twisted his hoodie strings as Dream led him to the creek. He had recently moved to *insert place here* and was still getting used to everything, especially the people. He had met Clay or Dream as he was more commonly called (Karl still didn't know why he was called that, he just is) on his first day of school. Clay had been assigned to show Karl around the school and Karl, being new and having no idea what was going on, immediately attached himself to Clay. He didn't have him in most of his classes though. Just English and American History.

From a couple of the other kids in his classes Karl found out that Clay was known as the "popular kid". Popular was an understatement Karl soon learned. Clay basically ran the school.

Clay and his friends were at the top of the school food train so it was a bit frightening when one of his friends sat down at his lunch table and started talking to him.

"You're Karl right?" Karl looked up from his phone, surprised. Most people just either gave him weird looks or left him alone.

"The new kid?"

"Uh yeah that's me" Karl smiled, still confused about what was happening.

"Great! Well, I'm Darryl!" The boy smiled, "I saw you were sitting alone so mind if I sit here?"

"Uh sure?" Karl stuttered.

Darryl sat down and launched into a conversation, Karl just nodded and smiled. After a while another boy came and sat down next to Darryl. He was wearing a bright teal sweatshirt with what looked like a duck pin on the string.

"Hey Skeppy!" Darryl said smiling at the new person.

"Hey Bad" The kid named "Skeppy" responded nodding at Karl, who nodded back.

"I'm Zak nice to meet you."

"He just called you Skeppy?"

"Ignore him, it's kinda an inside joke between us and our friends." Zak said sitting down next to Darryl.

"Oh, ok then" Karl said, feeling even more out of place.

As lunch went on a few more people joined the trio at their table. They all seemed to be friends and Karl found out that most of them lived in the same neighborhood as him.

Towards the end of lunch Karl noticed a group of boys who sat at the next table over. They seemed to be making fun of each other by the way they were talking. One of them, he noticed, was wearing a bandanna tied around his forehead. He also seemed to be yelling at the other two for something. Karl couldn't make out the words though.

"Earth to Karl?" Karl snapped out of his thoughts and looked back at the table, now consisting of Darryl, Zak and two new kids Anthony or Ant and Sam.

Zak noticed what was looking at and smiled.

"Looking at the dream team huh?"

"Dream Team?"

"Mhm! see the boy in the blue shirt?" Darryl said pointing to the boy in the middle. "That's George, next to him is Clay who I think you've already met and then there's Nick" He pointed at the boy with the bandana.

"We actually have plans to go hang out with them today! You wanna come?"

"Oh uh-" Karl started before getting interrupted by Zak. "Darryl, you know you have to ask Dream before you can bring new people to the Smp right? You can't just bring random people."

"Oh be quiet, he already knows Clay he should be fine."

"It doesn't hurt to double check, you know how he is with new people in the smp." Sam pipes up.