Chapter 6

Please go read my new Harry Potter fanfic! There are none of the usual HP fanfic cliche's I promise. It's why I wrote it. I was over constantly reading about Harry Potter's long lost twin sister.

“It’s a study date, Scarlett. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Scarlett suppressed a grimace. She had trained all weekend with Argent and now, with aching muscles and a serious pile of uncompleted homework, she had to attend her second week at Beacon Hills High. Not to mention she had to explain to Allison what a ‘study date’ actually was in the teenage world.

Scarlett shook her head pityingly. “Can’t wait until you tell Lydia that. Just a study date, huh? Well not to Lydia. In her twisted vocabulary, ‘study date’ is synonymous to ‘motor boating’ “

Allison’s eyes widened so much they looked like tennis balls. “What did you just say?”

“Nothing.” Scarlett trilled. Something caught her interest. Crowds were amassing around the direction of the back of the school, where the buses usually parked. “Where are the crowds going?”

“I don’t know. Have you heard anything about a school assembly or something?”

“Nope.” Scarlett said. “Let’s check it out.”

Allison and Scarlett rounded the corner, to immediately stop short. They were facing the side of the bus but couldn’t get any closer due to the police tape surrounding the area. From what she could see, the back doors of the bus had been pried apart, and there was bright red blood in smears all around it, as if someone was being dragged from the bus and was trying to hold on. Photographs were being taken of the crime scene to aid the search for the killer, but Scarlett knew they probably wouldn’t find one.

There was only two people who could’ve done this. Derek Hale, who was as far as she knew still in jail; or Scott. Scarlett was about to head in the direction of Sherriff Stilinski to find out more when she thought better of it. She needed to get Allison away from the scene before she started asking questions about what had done it.

Scarlett lightly pushed on Allison’s arm. “Come one, let’s go,” she muttered. Allison, who was just staring, only mildly horrified, just nodded and let Scarlett lead her away.

##

Not two minutes after Allison and Scarlett left their lockers, multiple texts from Stiles popped up on her phone.

Have you seen Allison? Are you okay?

What’s up? Where are you?

Scarlett, seriously, answer me?

Why aren’t you answering my texts?

Scarlett barely got time to read the texts let alone respond, before Stiles called her. Allison and Scarlett kept walking as she put the phone up to her ear.

“Morning Stiles. I trust that your weekend was filled with murdering and pillaging and stealing.”

There was an obvious tone of relief as he answered, “Of course. It wouldn’t be the weekend without all those fun things. Have you seen Allison?”

Allison and Scarlett turned the corner. It was that dumb corner that you couldn’t see around that Scarlet hated. In a week she’d already banged into someone twice. So it wasn’t a surprise when Allison met someone’s chest, dropping all her books and scaring her half to death. It was Scott, of course.

Scarlett rolled her eyes at the cliché and just said to a shocked Allison, “I’ll see you at lunch. I’m going to find Stiles.”

Allison nodded and turned back to Scott. As soon as Scarlett was out of earshot she asked Stiles, “What the hell is going on, Stiles? Have you seen the bus? Did Scott do it, or Derek? Because whoever did it, was not human, okay? Like a hairier version of the Hulk. Or a cannibalistic bear, or something-“