16

It's been a month to their wedding and life hasn't been easy for them. Trying to adjust in their new normal routine, when they're both hot-headed makes it more difficult than easy.

Zayn's occasional late night absence had started to worry Harry, especially after seeing him with a girl, a while ago. Harry's mind was clouded with so much doubts and questions, yet he couldn't voice them out. The reason being simple. A fake marriage. He started to worry about his sudden interest and curiosity about Zayn's love life. For him, it wasn't a good thing because worrying about Zayn would only lead him to something that he definitely didn't want. As far as he was concerned, this marriage needed to be fake in all sense.

On the other hand, Zayn's mind was plagued with fear. Fear of unnecessary feelings. Fear of his future with Harry for the next few months. Fear of them crossing all their limits and boundaries the contract brought along. He didn't want anything or anyone to distract his life's peace and path. Adding someone into their lives would only complicate it more than solve anything. He wasn't going to allow an arrogant, self-conceited jerk like Harry to get closer to him or his sisters. Whatever it was, he wanted to nip the issue in the bud, which would be safe for both the parties involved.

"Zayn, where have you been?", Harry asked the brown eyed man who was entering the house stealthily, at the middle of the night.

"Ummm... I don't think I'm answerable to you", he deadpanned in reply.

"You don't think I'd be worried about you?", Harry retorted, feeling hurt about the emotionless reply.

"You don't have to be worried about me, Styles. I actually don't think you should even think about me in general. I'm just a nobody and we don't have to even have a conversation unnecessarily", Zayn spoke out, clear and concise.

"Oh. Then, I can at least know your whereabouts, seeing that you're my employee. Am I right?", Harry questioned hopefully.

"Not about my personal life, then. I would like to kindly tell you to back off. Don't cross your limits", he snapped, making his way towards his room when Harry's voice stopped him again.

"I probably wouldn't have cared if it wasn't Safaa crying uncontrollably. Even Waliyah couldn't control her. I wouldn't have cared if you left your sisters to cry while you were out enjoying with your girlfriend", Harry snapped sharp, fuming with anger.

"What? What happened to her?", Zayn questioned concerned.

"I don't know. It's better you look out for your sisters too instead of being a selfish douche bag", Harry put down, gritting his teeth in annoyance before turning on his heel and walking to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Zayn plopped on the couch, sighing defeatedly. He ran his palms across his face, before deciding to check on his sisters. He entered their room to see them both sleeping peacefully, yet, Safaa's face had remains of dried up tears. He felt bad for ignoring them and wondered if he did abandon them in the run to distance himself from his husband. He walked into the room, bending down next to their cots. His eyes filled with love, affection for them but also guilt. He took turns in kissing their foreheads, pouring out his apologies and love in it. He stood up and turned on his heel, silently making his way back to his room.

🍉🍎🍒🍓🍉🍎🍒🍓🍉🍎🍒🍓🍉🍎🍒🍓

"I'm sorry", Zayn mumbled his apology to the green eyed man who had just entered the kitchen, while he stood preparing the breakfast.

Harry was honestly surprised to see Zayn standing in front of the stove, preparing food. "Did you say something?", He questioned even though he clearly heard what he said.