𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯

"This town has gone to shit, Sheriff Malloy!" Ruth looked over to the Saloon stairs to see the barkeep marching down the stairs after taking shelter in one of the rooms. Ruth scanned the room to see injured men littered around, saloon girls helping the doctor to patch everyone up. "My windows! You're paying for letting no good outlaws stay here," he gasped in horror at the sight of windows completely shattered. Ruth looked at the woman who sat beside her who was getting a needle and thread. Ruth frowned at the woman.

"But you're bleeding-" She began but Ruth scoffed at her before snatching the damp cloth out of her other hand. The woman was startled by Ruth and looked taken back.

"It ain't that bad, looks worse than it is. I know what to do," Ruth explained to her. The woman frowned before huffing in annoyance and getting up from her chair to annoy someone else. Ruth's head was the least of their worries, there were men bleeding out from bullet wounds. 

"It will all be payed for," The sheriff assured the heated barkeep. He nodded before marching off to grab a broom to sweep up the broken glass. Ruth sighed as she propped her elbow on the table, her hand holding the cloth to her head. She flinched when a man yelped out in pain, looking across the room to see him on a table while the doctor shoved some sort of medical device into the bullet wound to remove the bullet. Two working girls did their best to keep the man calm while holding him down before the man passed out from pain. The outcome from today looked like a goddamn warzone.

"Where is she?" A voice boomed in demand. Ruth sighed, knowing the voice. She looked over to the swinging doors to see Eugene Wegner fuming with anger. Eugene's eyes locked onto her and he marched over, fists clenched by his sides in fury. "I hired you to stop my sheep from getting robbed!"

"Good to see you too, I'm fine thanks for asking," Ruth muttered which caused Eugene to groan in anger. He pointed at her. 

"I never should have hired a woman!" He bellowed, the Saloon falling silent as everyone watched on. Ruth had enough of the man's sexist comments. She stood up from her seat, tossing the cloth onto the table behind her. 

"My gender has fuck all to do with it. I was abandoned by Ben and Bill and was left outnumbered. You think yelling at me is going to solve shit? Here's some advice for you," Ruth hissed, taking a step closer to the Ranch Owner whose face had completely fell. "Pull that stick out of your ass, you'll find that you'll be less of a stuck up piece of shit!" Mutters erupted around the Saloon, a few men letting out whistles of approval. Ruth ignored everything around her, staring into the eyes of Eugene who were sparkling with fear. Ruth could feel the warm blood dripping down her nose, indicating her wound had begun to bleed again.