seven

"Class dismissed!"

I picked up my duffle bag lethargically and headed for the door, my legs almost giving way due to the number of leg exercises we did.

"Where are you going?" Youn asked before I could take another step. I turned to her, confused at her question.

"Um... home?" I answered carefully, furrowing my brows as I stared back at her. Was I not supposed to leave? She let out a short chuckle as she remained in her seat, which made me twice as worried.

"It's Saturday, aren't you forgetting something?" She asked, hovering her hand around. I followed it and gazed around the room, everyone spread out in each corner of the gym cleaning equipment. Then it hit me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I replied nonchalantly, dropping my bag by the side of the exit. Just when I thought I could enjoy a nice shower at home, but this is a small price to pay.

A being nearly knocked me over as he entered with great strides, water splashing onto my tights as he swung the brim-filled bucket carelessly.

"Let her go if she wants to," Donghyuck said, dumping a piece of cloth into the bucket of water and wringing it dry. "We don't need a leech to cause trouble here."

He started wiping the targets next to him relentlessly and throwing them to the side. I stared at him in disbelief. If I wasn't this tired, I would've cursed my tongue out at him, but someone like him isn't worth my energy.

"Where do I start?" I returned my attention to Youn, who tossed me a rag and pointed at the few body opponent bags by the wall.

"I'll give you leniency since you're new, so just clean those," she dismissed me quickly and I trudged over to the back, earning a scowl from Donghyuck as I passed him.

I wet the cloth and dragged it down the bag, scrubbing the leather fabric lazily as water trickled down it. It wasn't long before I felt a presence inching towards me. I turned my head in reaction, meeting eye to eye with someone unfamiliar.

"You're Sung Yoojin, right?" That guy said in a jaunty tone and I nodded without a word. He grinned upon my silent reply and continued, "I'm Ju Haknyeon, let's be friends."

He stuck his hand out at me, while I stumbled over the strange word.

"Who are you to make friends with me?" I mumbled and continued with my chores, leaving him hanging there awkwardly. Who knows what kind of brazen character he plays?

"Of course, you've only just come here..." He slowly put his hand down and rubbed it against his training pants. "I was just so intrigued by your skills, it's amazing."

My ears perked up at his sudden compliment.

"My skills?" I was truly surprised, but I couldn't help but feel sceptical as well. I've only ever heard feedbacks like these from Coach Yoon, and even those were constructive criticisms. Coming from someone who barely knows me, it's worth the dubiety.

"Of course," He leaned against one of the body opponent bags. "Your kicks were so precise, and your stances are near perfect. It's like you've trained for years."

A weird feeling rushed through my body. Has he been observing me for the past few days? It's creepy just thinking about it, but either way, he didn't sound sincere at all.

"Well, I'm flattered but-"

"Don't be ridiculous."

Here we go again. I rolled my eyes, turning to the human that was approaching me while swinging his wet rag. He gave me a short glance before diverting his attention to Haknyeon.