The Canary (Chapter 12)

Felicity’s POV

How long have I been in this darkness? I no longer knew, it felt like forever. There were moments when I would dream about him, my knight in shining armor, Oliver Queen. I remember that it could be more like hallucinating. I kept trying to open my eyes all my efforts in the matter were futile. The warmth has been trying to take over me multiple times but every time his words rang through my head. “FELICITY YOU ARE NOT DONE FIGHTING!!” he was telling me to stay strong and that I’ll be okay but I was starting to lose hope, the warmth came more often than not now and it was not the nice kind. I was tired of fighting. My body was tired and my body couldn’t keep fighting every time that warmth took over. I was trying to stay positive but it was nearly impossible and just when Oliver and I were in a good place. I was starting to think I would be in this dark place forever. I then saw someone that once lay motionless on our foundry table. The Canary, Sara Lance.

“Sara?” I ask confused as I try to move but no success.

“Felicity… long time no see” She replied with a smile. I was in shock I could actually talk to her and see her. “Stop focusing on moving your body and you’ll be able to move.” She says as if it was a no brainer.

I stopped focusing on moving my body and I was liberated. I could now move around. So I got up and hugged Sara and she seemed surprised and she hugged back.

“It has been too long!” I say as I pull away still stunned by her presence.

“Felicity…” She smiled. “You can’t stop fighting.” She says.

“I am tired though every now and again I feel as if I am never going to wake up.” I tell her with sheer sadness crossing my face.

“Let me show you something.” She said she took my hand and led me through the darkness until we were in the hospital room. I saw Oliver and he was grasping my hand in his. But his face reflected pain and I could tell he hasn’t slept in a while.

“You’re fighting for him, Felicity. For him and yourself.” She said. I slowly nod. I notice the door open and Diggle walking in. “They wanted to take you off support earlier and Oliver declined he really believes you’ll wake up, and so does Roy and everyone out there who loves you.” She said getting a sad smile from me.

“I wish I could move and give a sign that I hear everything he tells me.” I say sadly.

“You can!” She said.

I try extremely to move my fingers and I feel slight movement and I slightly squeezed Oliver’s hand as he was grasping mine. He smiled then leaned close to my ear and whispered 3 words I  wanted him to say to me.

“I love you!” I was happy and sad I wasn’t able to say it back.

“Who did this to you?” Sara asked as we sat down on what seemed like nothing as we were back in the darkness.

“It was…Nyssa.” I say taking a pause I could see the shock in Sara’s face.

“Why would Nyssa…?” she asks as surprised as I was to see her.

“I don’t know.” I say shrugging. “She said I was a threat to the league. Was all she said before she attempted to kill me!”

Sara seemed to be in deep thought and then her face lit up like a Christmas tree, she knew something I didn’t. She looked at me with her blue eyes and smiled.

“Your time in darkness is almost over, you will soon be in the light and you will rise to be stronger than everyone’s thoughts.” She said as she was disappearing. “I can’t tell you what this is, but I promise it will all make sense soon.” She said as her figure disappeared and left me in cold that was not as cold anymore. My time in here was almost over was that death?