Vulnerable

Oliver’s POV

I knew where to find Nyssa there were sightings of her here in Starling city in the Glades. So I was to take Roy and John and go hunting in the glades but I wasn’t prepared for what I was going to find. She was in an apartment, a small one most furniture wasn’t there. There was a kitchen and a table in the middle of the room filled with pictures from Canary’s murder. I vowed that I will find who killed her but so far the trail ran cold every time. I saw her come in through the window so I hid then drew my bow and went into light.

“We need to talk.” I say in my arrow voice I didn’t care that she knew who I was.

“Why would I talk to you?” She asks.

“Because you’ve hurt someone I love.” I say getting angry. “Did you do it to hurt me?” I ask her. She laughs.

“I didn’t do it for you I did it because she really was a threat to the league of assassins.” She says.

“How? She was trying to find Sara’s killer too. She’s no threat.” I say getting angrier.

“My dad and the league see it differently.” She says, as she drew her bow and started fighting me. I ducked her attack and I hit her with my bow. I hit her leg and she fell then she rolled on the ground and shot an arrow my way I moved out of the way and shot an arrow at her. It grazed her shoulder. I was fighting for her I was going to get the information out of Nyssa. Weather she was going to talk to me or not. That information I was going to get, as to why Felicity is a threat.

I kept thinking of Felicity’s motionless body on the hospital bed and I was about to leave when Nyssa shot an arrow in my back. I yell out in pain, than break the arrow using the window pane. Grunting with every second but I manage to break it. That’s when I get an arrow to the knee too. I am now on the ground and bleeding. I am heavily breathing. I look at Nyssa and she’s gone, or so I thought. A few seconds later I get an arrow to the torso. I yell out in pain and I feel something coming up my throat. My breath is ragged and I spit out something, something dark, blood. I turn to look at her but this time she was truly gone I grunt as I pull the arrow out of my body and I half ran, half limped out of that apartment and made it to Verdant before passing on the stairs, just my luck.

I woke up with a bandaged torso and in the hospital. I look to my right and I see Felicity’s face I was so happy she’s awake. I reach my hand out to touch her cheek but she disappears. I look everywhere but there is nothing and no one. I am swallowed up by darkness. It slowly envelops me and I wake up in a cold sweat in a hospital with, all my injuries treated. I look at my knee I wasn’t able to walk but I saw that there were crutches beside me. The doctor walked in and I asked him about Felicity and he told me that no visible improvements. He also said I couldn’t walk for a couple of days. Great I thought to myself just great. He helped me up and I made my way to Felicity’s room. And she was there sitting peacefully. I saw John in the room.

“Hey!” I whisper as if not to wake up the sleeping blonde.

“Oliver you passed out on the stairs. I didn’t know what to do so I brought you here.” He says justifying his actions.

“Thank you!” I say as I reach out my hand he shakes it, pats my shoulder and walks out leaving me and the blonde alone. I seat beside her bed which was awfully difficult now, due to the fact I had crutches. It was clear Roy had to watch the city while I was out.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t do it!” I tell her. “I was unable to get a reason. I’m so sorry.” I say as tears prick my eyes. She was so vulnerable and now I felt the same way. Suddenly the monitor starts beeping really quickly. I was panicking. I take her hand and the monitor showing her hearthe beathe slows down.

“I’m not giving up on you, Felicity.” I whisper as I place a light kiss on her soft lips. I moved my hand to move a stray lock of hair out of her face and then I sat there until fatigue took over my beaten up body and sent me into a deep slumber.