Chapter 2 (The truth)

It took connor a moment to piece together what happened, Well not the whole story, But the base of it, He looked from the tear stained gavin to me and the two frightened kids behind me, I saw from his face that it clicked. "Get out." Connor said quietly, Gavin's head snapped up. "W-What?" "Get out!" I was surprised at connor's hostility and watched as gavin rushed out of the room, Immediately, Connor ran over to hug us. I felt safe enough to cry, So i did, And connor calmed us all down, The kids fell asleep, And so did i. 

We drove home in silence, Dexter had been released, And the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife, Finally connor broke the silence. "You won't be seeing gavin for a while, Also, if you see him, Don't call him uncle, He's no longer a part of this family." His voice was cold and almost distant, As though he was...Farther away, Even though he was right next to me. "Yes daddy." Jax and macy replied, But dexter stayed silent, His eyes fixed out the window, I wondered what he was thinking.

"Just because he hurt dexter, Doesn't mean he's a monster." "He made an unforgivable mistake, That's all i'm saying!" Me and connor were arguing, Which we don't do much, But i guess today was an exception. The thing is that, I disagree with connor A LOT, But i fear to say anything because i don't want him to hurt me or the kids, I knew he wouldn't do that, But gavin's whole "situation" Today didn't help. "Unforgivable means 'No forgiving' So what your saying is that you can never forgive him?" Connor lowers his head, Leaning on the kitchen island and he sighs. "I want an answer connor." He winces, I can tell he doesn't want to cut gavin out completely, But he doesn't want this to happen again. "I-I just..." D-Did he just stutter? Shit, He NEVER does that unless he's seriously hurt. I reach out to touch his shoulder but he jerks away, Scowling at me. "I fear for his mental health! That's why!" He finally replies. Connor looks up, Teary eyed, But then he looks away again. "W-What if..." He looks back at me. "What if he kills himself? Then what will we tell the kids?" I look into his eyes, He's panicking, He's scared. "That he's just...Gone? That he is d-" He's cut off by me pulling him into a tight hug, I hear him start to cry, And then he breaks down. "I won't EVER let that happen, Sure he's an asshole but..." I grab connor's face and force him to look at me. "We can't live without him." Connor leans in to kiss me but then stops, He pulls away. "I just got a report from cyberlife, I have to go." Confused, I look outside at the storm, It's almost pitch black, And it's 9:00! "Connor, Isn't it a little late?" He simply shrugs, Grabbing his jacket and giving me a swift kiss before walking out the door, Engulfed by rain and cold. "I knew it." My heart jumps, I spin around, Finding dexter standing there, His eyes round and tears running down his face. "HE WAS AN ANDROID!" He screams, Before i can reply, He runs out the door, In his pajamas, I can't bring myself to go after him, I just...Slide down to the floor and cry myself into an exhausted sleep.

"DEXTER! DEXTER!" I call, Hoping to see him come running out, Connor comes over, His expression blank. "Connor, You know how much you mean to me right?" He smiles and looks up at me. "How much?" "More than anything else on this earth." Connor chuckles and kisses me, My phone rings which is the sound of "28 STAB WOUNDS!" Connor laughs at it before i answer it, Hearing the voice of gavin. "Hey, Is dexter supposed to be visiting or?" I nod at connor and he sighs in relief. "No, He ran off last night, We'll come get him." "O-Okay." Gavin replies, His voice laced with confusion before hanging up. "He's over at gavin's place." I say, Pocketing my phone. Connor tilts his head, I hold back a laugh, He does that when he's confused. "Why'd he go there?" I shrug,  But a question looms in the back of my mind, *Does he trust gavin more than us? Even after what he did to him? If so, We must be the worst people in the world.*

I grab connor's hand, He smiles nervously at me as i open the door, I go in first, Dexter's head snaps up. "Hey sweetie, It's time to go home." I speak softly, But he just looks back down at the floor. I nod at connor, Who walks in slowly, Dexter looks back up and his eyes widen, Sprawling backwards off the couch. "Get that thing away from me!" He growls, Connor walks over and sits on the couch, Looking down at dexter. I walk over and sit down next to connor, Who looks over at me, I nod and he lifts a piece of his hair up, Revealing his L.E.D. "So it is true, You are an android." Dexter says quietly, Connor nods. "Why didn't you tell me?" I sigh and pat a spot between me and connor, Reluctantly, he gets up and sits there. "We didn't tell you because androids are STILL hated by some people, And we don't want you to hate them." Dexter looks over at connor and smiles. "But i can't hate them, One is my dad, And nothing can change that, But i'm glad i know now." He says, Hugging connor. I smile, Glad this is all fixed up now. "When will you tell the others?" Me and connor exchange glances, Before i reply with "When the time is right, We don't want to be searching the whole city looking for them." I chuckle, But the question is still there *Does he trust gavin more than us?* The door opens, Revealing a tired gavin, Connor growls quietly but doesn't say anything. "I-I have something to show you." Gavin says, Opening the door more, My mouth drops open..."W-Why does it look like-" "It's a new model, The RK900." Connor explains quickly, Looking down at his shoes. "Yes, But if you like, You can call me nines for short." He has the same brown hair as connor, Icy blue eyes, And a white suit with what looks like a black turtleneck underneath. I don't like this 'RK900' He has an evil look about him.