Chapter 6 (Something lost, And something gained)

(A/N! Warning, This contains mention of rape, Kidnapping, And death but no one dies! Viewer discretion is advised.)

I pull into the driveway of hanks house and get out of my car, Looking down at my phone, When i walk straight into something. But when i look up, Everything seems to slow down, As i stare into too familiar blue eyes. "What the hell are you doing here you plastic bitch?" I growl, Nines chuckles and folds his arms across his chest, Standing tall. "Well, Me and detective reed were assigned this case." My eyes widen, Case? What case? Nines must've seen my visible confusion and turns me around to look at hanks house, My heart drops to my stomach. A window was shattered, There were visible signs of a break in everywhere, And a trail of footsteps leading from the front door to the end of the driveway, But they end there. "W-What-" "It was a kidnapping, of 3 children, I believe their names were Jax,Dexter,and Macy," Fear comes over me, I know what he did, But why? "T-Those were my kids' names." I say through clenched teeth, Sending a glare at nines. "Oh really? I had no idea, I'm so sorry." Nines replies, Hiding a smirk while not meaning it at all. "You won't get away with this." I whisper, only loud enough for him to hear. "Hm, Well, it certainly would be a shame if your kids would be found DEAD." By the rage rising within me, I know my respect for cyberlife has just dropped by a thousand. "You wouldn't dare." He chuckles and sets a hand on my shoulder. "But i would." Then he walks off. I stand there, The snow piling up on my hoodie, My baby bump slightly visible, But my fright hidden under my trained expression, That could've only been so emotionless after years of abuse and depression. But i shake it off and walk over to one of the officers, My hopes high that they could find my children. "Excuse me?" She looks up at me and hums. "I know of a hank anderson that lived here, Where is he now?" Her eyes widen and she hands me a piece of paper. And my worst fears come true '1926 Hazel road, Greenlight hospital' 

Connor holds me tight as i sit in his lap, Sobbing into his chest, He's staring emotionless at hank's terrifyingly still body, But the loud beeping on the monitor next to him shows that he's still alive. It feels like someone's taken my heart and ripped it into tiny pieces, And i know who that someone is. *Clever girl, But not as clever as me i'm afraid, Why don't you use the bathroom?* My heart pounds as i hear nines' voice again, Getting off of connor's lap, He looks at me expectantly. "I'm gonna use the bathroom." I say, He nods and as i open the door, I look back one more time at hank, Knowing that this could be my last time seeing him. But i shake off the thought, Walking towards the bathroom and going in. Not even a second later, I feel arms wrap around my waist, but i don't remove them, No use to fight, I'd do anything to save my family. "I'm glad to see you again Y/N." I'm surprised at how sugary and sweet that sounded from nines, He's usually cold and emotionless. "What can i do to get my kids back, And save my family?" I hold back calling him a 'Plastic asshole' By an inch. "You know." And i do, I'll feel terrible afterwards but i'll do anything right about now to stop my kids from dying. "P-Promise you'll give me my kids back and leave my family alone? And be gentle?" He chuckles and places his hand on my baby bump, I find myself placing my head against his chest for some reason. "Empty promises, But, Fine, Anything for you kitten." That brings me back to my senses slightly. "Go right ahead, But if you call me kitten one more time, I will-" "If i were you, I wouldn't push the limits." Nines slightly lifts his jacket to reveal a gun, Sending shivers down my spine. "F-Fine, Just get it over and done with!" 

I walk out of the bathroom, Limping slightly, And when i look up, Connor is waiting. "What took you so long?" *Oh Connor, I wish i could tell you the truth, But i don't want anyone to die.* I think to myself, Coming up with an excuse. "Just couldn't find any toilet paper, That's all!" He looks unconvinced, So i smile, And he nods. We walk together to the elevator, I'm struggling to keep my limp hidden from Connor's keen eye. "Y/N? Are you alright?" My heart pounds and i avoid eye contact. "Y-Yeah, My back just hurts!" I lie, The elevator arrives and we step inside, Waiting in silence. My ass hurts like a motherfucker, But i ignore it. *So much for being gentle.* I think bitterly, Picturing nines' smug look in my mind. I'm able to keep myself from telling Connor everything until we get home, That's when it happens. As we step in the door, Connor spins around to look at me, Concern and sadness in his eyes. "Y/N, What is going on?" He asks, Grabbing my arm. I stay silent, Tears building up in my eyes. "Y/N," He gently pulls my face up to look at him, And his gaze softens. "I won't be mad, I promise." That's when i break, I basically collapse into his arms, Sobbing and apologizing. Connor gets me to the couch and i spill everything, From when nines flirted with me to when he raped me in the bathroom. When i finished, Connor pulled me into his lap and held onto me tightly. "I'm so sorry Connor, I should've told you sooner." He just kisses my forehead and cuddles me tighter, If that was even possible. "Y/N," I look up at him, And for the first time, I see fear in his eyes. "That's not nines, That's my evil brother, conan."