Ep 1: Suzie, Do You Copy?

A/n: I will make the reader take over Robin's place in this book. I love Robin and there is no hate towards her. This just works better with the plot line I have planned :)

(Y/n)'s pov:

"Hey, dingus," I call to Steve from my place at the register. "Your children are here."

I recognise these four kids as Mike Wheeler, Max mayfield, Lucas Sinclair, and Will Byers.

"Again?" Steve asks, sliding open the window. "Seriously?"

Mike stares at Steve before ringing the bell once more.

Steve rolls his eyes before ushering the kids to the back room.

"I swear if anybody hears about this-" Steve starts.

"We're dead!" The four kids say in unison as they walk towards the theatre.

"I'm too young for this." Steve says to me from the back, closing the door.

I let out a laugh and continue scooping ice cream for the next customer.

~

I was counting change to give to the couple in front of me and Steve is scooping ice cream when the lights above us started to flicker off.

"That's weird." Steve says.

I look around the dark room for a while until I hear Steve flicking the lights.

"That isn't gonna work, dingus." I say, shrugging my shoulders, slightly.

"Oh really?" He asks me, flicking the lights between his fingers.

He flicks the light switch one more time and all the lights turn back on.

"Let there be light." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well," I retorted. " That was just a lucky coincidence."

"Shut up." He said to me with a smile.

  ~

Out of the corner of my eye I see two girls approach the ice cream shop. One with black curly hair and one with her red hair in a ponytail.

"Hey dingus," I say to Steve. "Look who just walked in."

He struts over to the two girls and takes their order

"Alrighty, one scoop of chocolate." Steve smirks. "Thats a buck-twenty-five."

"Anything else?"

The girl in front of him reaches into her purse, pulled out some money and handed it to Steve with a small smile.

"Ooh, Purdue." Steve says, pointing at her shirt. "Fancy."

I watch the scene unfold in front of me as Steve tries to ask the girl out, and for some reason my heart sinking.

"Yeah, I'm busy." The girl says.