28

December 25th
Tris's POV

I lay on Tobias's body, his bare skin pressing against mine. His strong arms wrap around my tiny body, hugging me so tight I couldn't escape if I wanted to.

That's something I have always loved about him. He makes me feel safe and secure, no matter what. The world could be blown to bits and I would still feel like everything is okay in his arms. Maybe that's because he is my whole world. My family is my whole world. As long as they are okay, everything is right in my world.

I open my eyes, looking at the clock. It's one am on Christmas morning.

"We need to do the presents," I whisper, kissing his neck. I feel his lips move against my head but I can't make out what he says. Slowly, I peel my body off of his, quickly pulling on some clothes. I hear him groan as he gets out of bed, pulling on a pair of shorts. I grab my Christmas shorts, pulling on one of his t-shirts.

"Come on," I whisper, taking his hand.

I love putting out the presents at Christmas. It's just so magical. Last year, Tobias and I set out the presents and then ate Christmas cookies until we felt sick.

Tobias smiles, taking my hand, leading me out of our bedroom. We creep down the hallway like two teenagers that are up to no good. I try to stifle a laugh, making Tobias turn around. I short out a laugh.

"You sound like a dying pig," he laughs. I laugh even more. "You are going to wake up the kids!"
I slap my hand over my mouth, trying to stifle my giggles, but I fail miserably. Tobias rolls his eyes.

"Come on," he says, throwing me over his shoulder.

Tobias's POV
I walk through the kitchen, down the hallway to the closet. I am met with boxes and boxes of wrapped presents. I smile, grabbing a few and taking them back to the living room. Tris and I already cleaned up, putting away the popcorn and blankets. Tris sits on the floor, stuffing each of the kid's stockings with candy and little presents. Mine is already hung by the fireplace, filled with whatever Tris got me.

Tris looks up at me with a gleam in her eyes, smiling. "Is that all of them?" she asks. I shake my head.

"We went all out this year," I laugh, setting the presents down and heading back to the closet. I grab all but one of the presents. By the time I come back, Tris has stuffed the twins' stockings and is working on Rivers. I begin arranging the presents under the tree, making it look neat. I watch Tris smile with triumph as she hangs River's stocking on the mantel.

"Hey," I whisper, pulling her waist to me. She giggles. "There is one more present in the closet." I kiss her neck, feeling her shiver. "Why don't you go get it, and us something to drink."

"Okay," she laughs, leaving me. As soon as she is out of sight, I quickly fill her stocking with all the little knickknacks Christina helped me pick out. I quickly hang it up, sitting back on the couch with the plate of cookies the kids made before she comes back. I have a silly grin on my face when Tris comes back, holding two cups of hot chocolate in her hands with the small box under her arm. She sets them all down, sitting next to me on the couch. I take a cookie, taking a bite.

"That present is for you," I whisper. Tris smiles.

"Really?" she asks.

"Really." I smile, watching her. "Open it."

Tris's POV
My breath gets caught in my throat as I open the small box. I feel tears catch in my eyes as I look from the box to Tobias, who sits, smiling from ear to ear.

"Merry Christmas," he whispers, kissing my forehead. "Do you like it?" I nod.

"I love it," I choke out.

In the small box lies a silver charm bracelet. There are four charms on it: a silver T, R, and two silver Bs. There is also a small, silver, raven charm, breaking each letter up.

"Here," Tobias says, taking it out of the box. I hold my arm out, blinking away tears. He slips the bracelet around my wrist, letting his hands fall into my lap. I smile at him, taking his face in my hands. I press my mouth to his, smiling into the kiss.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Of course," he smiles.

"I got you something, too," I smirk.

"Oh, really?"

"Mmhm." Tobias looks at me confused as I smile. "Oh," I continue. "You can't have it until tonight." He shakes his head.

"You kill me, woman," he laughs, pulling me into his arms. I smile, sitting between his legs, resting my back against his chest. Tobias loops his arms around my waist, holding me close to his body. I feel him press his lips to the top of my head. I reach over, grabbing my cup full of hot chocolate.

For about an hour, Tobias and I sit on the couch, curled together, drinking out hot chocolate, and eating Christmas cookies. We laugh and whisper like children, trying not to wake up our parents. Though, we are the parents, trying not to wake up the children.

"I think we should go to bed," I whisper when my eyelids begin feeling heavy.

"Okay," he whispers. Just then, I feel Tobias lift me, carrying me to bed.