Chapter 25

Jordan's POV

Alice came inside and I picked her up and threw her on the couch. "How was school Al?"

"Uh. School was okay. But the bus.."

"Wait, where's Isaac?"

"He got off the bus with his girlfriend. Weird I've never heard him talk about her. Did you know who she is?"

"Woah, Isaac has a girlfriend. No. I don't think so. Did you catch a name?"

"Courtney."

"Ah, I get it now. Courtney has been obsessing over Isaac ever since the 1st grade! But she is mean, rude, and backstabbing."

"So they aren't dating?"

"Maybe. But I thought he liked you Al."

"Uh, what? Me?"

"Oh, he hasn't told you.. maybe he doesn't."

Alice's POV

What! Isaac likes me.. so wait, he LIKED me. He doesn't anymore. Well I don't think he does..

"Oh Jordan?"

"Yes Al?"

"Do you know a kid named Gerrit?"

"No. Why?"

"He is telling everyone that you and the wrest of you guys are bad and do very bad things and get into trouble. Do you?"

"Are you serious Alice? You believed him! Why would you think that!"

"Jords, please calm down. I don't believe him. It's okay, I don't think anyone else does either."

I snuggled up next to him and we just stared at each other and I could've sworn I saw tears fall down his face. I was just about to ask what was wrong when Isaac busts right into the room.

"Oh my gosh guys! Alice you let me get off with that monster!"

"I thought she was telling the truth."

"Well, she wasn't!"

"Isaac, I'm sorry."

"You have no idea what horrors there are in that house! I tried calling you!"

"I didn't get it." I said as I was checking through my phone, I really didn't get the call.

"Whatever Alice."

"Isaac, I said I'm sorry. Geez! How was I supposed to know!"

Just then, Cierra comes in.

"Guys! I don't have a freaking clue what you guys are yelling about! But you need to pull yourselves together! Alice's dad just broke out of jail again. He is coming for us. So Isaac, I would shut your mouth. These might be the last moments you will have with Al. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but..."

We all just stood there.

Bethany came in and Cierra told her the news.

All five of us sat in the middle of the floor not talking, just staring, for 30 minutes.