A new day

-Kento's POV-

I woke up to the sun rays hitting my face. I wake up and I felt tired. I get up so I can wash my face properly and go sit down at the table. I notice a box on the table which was new to me. I stare at it for a little then put On my glasses properly so I go into the bathroom so I can adjust them onto my face. I could hear footsteps coming into the kitchen and I slowly leave the bathroom to see who it was. "Hello..?" I ask "Oh good morning dear!" Mom said to me "Oh good morning!" I say happily "Is there anything you want for breakfast?" She asks "Ah... Hmmm... Maybe something simple." I say back "Ok! So Omelets?" She answers back "Yup!" I say smiling. Mom started to make breakfast and was whistling something and I go sit down at the table "Also Dear?" Mom said "Yeah?" I answer back "There is something in the box for you and Yumiko." She says with a smile and went back to cooking. 

I open the box and I find a Sailor uniform and a Gakuran "Eh? Why are there School uniforms in here?" I ask "Ahhhh. It's Totally not for school.." She says "Wait What?! When are we starting?! I say Nervously "Ah. Two days. Please don't be mad at me." She says sweating a bit "I'm not mad but you should've told us beforehand. Yumiko is going to kill you!" I say trying to keep it calm. I knew Yumiko would kill Mom because she hates not planning. Well, I can't help my mom. A couple of minutes later Yumiko woke up and she was not happy. She noticed the school uniforms and she was pissed as hell. This morning was quite noisy and it felt Lively. We were eating our Omelets and it was fluffy and soft. I finish eating and go outside to stretch and breathe some fresh air. This was completely different from the city. It was quiet and calm.

I Look at the blue sky and the sun made me feel warm. I could smell the scent of rice and sunflowers but I did now live near the fields. "Hey, Kento." I hear Yumiko say to me "Mh..?" I answer "Wanna go check out the forest nearby later?" She asks and I immediately nod my head and she just smiles. We both go back in so we can change into something better for the outdoors. Afterward, We put on our Straw hats and Sneakers "Bye Mom! We'll see you later!" Yumiko said to Mom who was grinning at us and waved. We started to run down the road as we passed by a couple of fields on the way there. We almost got lost until we found the entrance to the forest. "Wow! It's huge!" I say in surprise "Yeah. I heard that there's a shrine nearby!" Yumiko said back while smiling. We walked around the forest like we were kids again as we laughed at our bad jokes and imitating some of our old classmates from our junior high last year. 

We soon found a pond and we take off our shoes and we put our feet in the cold water. It was perfect for the weather as the sun was covered by the trees. It was amazing. Yumiko soon found some bamboo grass and grabbed it "Look at this! Bamboo grass!" She says Happily and I nod. We started to pick up some flowers and plants so we can bring them home. It was fun and I enjoyed it. We laughed at ourselves for acting like little kids. We ended up staying there for quite some time. We then went to the shrine and thanked the spirits for watching over us during the time of us playing. We then go back home and it was almost night. We started to hurry up and get back home so we can eat. We stayed for a long time for it to be dark outside. I definitely was the reason why we were late. Once we got home we were both soaked "Wow! Both of you! go get a Bath before you both eat!" Mom said pointing to the bathroom and we just burst into laughter.

We both took a bath so we didn't catch a cold. I was in the bath and my sister took one after covering herself in water to wash off the dirt. We finished getting bathed and we both left the bathroom all steamy and stuff "Fuu~" Yumiko sighs "That was the best" I say "Yeah. Better that our baths back at our old home" Yumiko answers. My mom called us to come to eat as we came running into the kitchen and we see curry being placed onto the table. "Soooooo! As our first proper night here I wanted to make our favorite supper! Curry!" She says grinning and we just dug in and it was delicious. We had at least two plates each before we got full "Fwuaaa~! That was the best!" I say while I sit on the couch happily. My mom was washing the dishes and Yumiko was playing video games on the tv. It was a couple of old classy games.

Yumiko soon mumbled to herself saying that she didn't want to go to school "Ah? Did you say something to me Yumiko?" I ask nervously "No... I don't know what will happen on the first day of high school.." She says. It was only the start of the third week of April. It was almost Yumiko's birthday. She's only two months older than me. I lay down on the couch and It was comfortable and I soon wanted to pass out. Mom called me to go water some of her plants while she finishes washing the dishes so I agreed and I walked to pick up the watering can and I filled it with water. I started to water the plants outside where my Mom placed them. Soon I hear My family's last name being called and I turn around "Are you the son of Sakanōe-chan?" The woman asked "Um Yeah! Do you have any business with Mom?" I ask "Well..."

"What?! Your my Mom's friend?" I say surprised "Uh-huh! I'm her Bestie! She asked me for a place to live so I told her to come here! I live with my son around here." My mom's friend says "Well I could call her for you!" I say and I go to call my Mom. She comes running out the door and she hugs her Friend "Himiko-chan!" She says smiling and Yumiko comes closer wondering what's happening "Oh my god! How long has it been since I last saw you in person?!" She said happily "Stop It you're already making me feel old jerk!" Her friend laughed. Yumiko and I left them alone and Yumiko asked "Oi, Did you leave your glasses In the bathroom?" and I finally realized why I couldn't see properly for the past 2 hours once we got back from the forest. I go run into the bathroom and go grab my glasses. I'm glad that I'm nearsighted. If I weren't then, I would bump into everything and I wouldn't be able to see anything. I put them on and I feel kinda embarrassed. Soon the night ended and Yumiko and I went to go back to bed. We slept like babies.