Hashira

I took down the rest of the parts and will be rewriting this to be a male reader. Plus I'm changing the writing style to better fit how I write now!

Back to Story

(L/n) (Y/n), the brand new Sun Pillar, specializing in Sun Breathing. It was the original breath and said to be the most powerful breath.

"Hello Oyakata-sama." (Y/n) kneeled in the pebbles, Kagaya looking down on him with a gentle smile. (Y/n) had requested a meeting with the leader of the Demon Slayer Corp, hoping to get some answers.

"Hello my child, why have you requested this meeting?" Kagaya questioned, his voice soothing (Y/n)'s thoughts, helping him think more clearly.

"Oyakata-sama, not a lot has been said about the past generation of Pillars. I was hoping to get to know more about them." (Y/n) looked up at Kagaya, his face in a serious expression. "If I remember correctly, its said they were turned into demons." (Y/n) recalled. "Would this be the truth?" He asked.

Kagaya hummed, acknowledging his question and curiosity, "I would be lying if I said no, so yes, its true that the past generation of Pillars turned into demons." His face turned sullen. "They were picked off one by one, each of them giving into temptation and turning into what t hey had sworn to slay. I had thought they'd be the one to end the demon reign...though I was mistaken." Kagaya admitted.

(Y/n) didn't bother to hide his angered expression or feelings about this, "They swore to protect people from these demons, and yet they became it?" He stood up in anger, "Why didn't you see this coming?" He asked, failing to keep calm.

"You misunderstand my words." Kagaya said gently. "They took down the past Demon King, Kibutsuji Muzan...though they wanted more power than they had."

(Y/n)'s face was still twisted in anger, "This makes no sense, if they'd taken down the creator of Demons, why didn't it end there?" He asked.

"I couldn't tell you, for it is a mystery to me." Kagaya answered sadly.

(Y/n) sighed, and went back into a kneel.

"Do you have any more questions?" Kagaya asked politely.

"Yes...I was wondering, how much did they mean to you?" (Y/n) tilted his head. He'd heard of Kagaya talking highly of them in the past, despite their betrayal on the Demon Slayer Corp.

Kagaya gently smiled, "Yes, they truly meant a lot to me...I was heavily saddened and disappointed when they turned against me." Kagaya looked down to his hands. "I have one wish in this world. I wish that I could see them again, and tell them I forgive them."

(Y/n) looked confused, "Why would you forgive them for what they've done?" He asked.

"Well...someone wise once said, forgiveness is given, not because people deserve it, but so that they can feel peace. And I think this is very true." Kagaya smiled.

(Y/n) sighed, "Well that is all that I wanted to ask." He stood up. "I better get going on my mission." (Y/n) got ready to walk away.

"(Y/n)." Kagaya spoke, (Y/n) looking to him. "Remember what I said...and don't fall into the same temptation." He warned.

(Y/n) nodded firmly, "I won't." He confirmed, before taking his leave.

Kagaya sighed and looked to the sky.

"That's exactly what they said."