Upper Moon Seven

(Y/n) sighed and walked away from the Ubuyashiki Mansion, whistling, his crow flying down and landing on his extended arm.

"Hello (C/n)." (Y/n) gently pet the crow, "Where would my next mission be?" He inquired, the crow leaning into his touch.

The crow was quieter than most, "A forest near Asakusa." The crow responded, (Y/n) nodding. "Assistance of a Pillar required, multiple slayers going missing." The crow finished.

(Y/n) sighed, "Seems every mission requires my help." (Y/n) raised his arm in the air, his crow taking off to show (Y/n) the way.

Timeskip

That was easy." (Y/n) muttered, waving his (f/c) katana of any blood on it, before sheathing it. (Y/n) inspected his black haori, the bottom fading into red, forming a sort of flame. "How could so many slayers have been going missing?" (Y/n) thought allowed, looking around.

It was too quite, the trees blowing in the wind seemingly taunting him, no crickets to be heard in the night.

CLANG

(Y/n) had hurriedly drawn his Katana, blocking an attack from above and jumping back from what had attacked him.

"Wow! That was pretty good!" The demon applauded, the demon's eyes opening, revealing the words, "Upper Moon Seven" engraved in them.

(Y/n) kept his katana drawn, knowing the probability of him living was slim to none. He was the only Pillar in the entire Demon Slayer Corp at the moment, being the second most respected person in the Corp, though second to none in strength. 

"It usually take 3-4 Pillars to take down Upper Moons." (Y/n) looked around for a way to raise his chances of taking down the Upper Moon.

"You radiate battle spirit, power and a commanding aura oozing off of you!" The demon spoke, a devilish smile on his face.

"My name is Rengoku Kyojuro, Upper Moon Seven!" The demon introduced. He was wearing a black hakama, a dark red haori over it. A katana rested on his hip, though the demon made no move to grab it.

(Y/n) didn't waste time in jesting the conversation with Rengoku, instead making the first move

"Total Concentration, Sun Breathing, Setting Sun Transformation." (Y/n) jumped back, flipping and rebounding off one of the trees, lunging for the Upper Moon's arms.

The Demon looked at (Y/n)'s Breathing Form with a demented look in his eyes, only raising one of his arms to shield himself.

(Y/n) cut through the Upper Moons arm, immediately going for the other arm.

But before he could slash it, the demon grabbed the blade of the katana.

"What an amazing blade you have here! I wonder how you still get blades like this..." the demon looked at the (f/c) blade in awe.

(Y/n) pulled his katana out of the demons hand, leaving a deep cut on the demons palm, his arm also regenerating.

This went on for about 20 minutes, (Y/n) going to attack, Rengoku only blocking the Pillar, and making defensive actions.

"This is a loosing battle..." (Y/n) gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Rengoku didn't seem to notice his turmoil, "We just got started, don't tell me you're tired!" He taunted.

(Y/n) ignored him, "Total Concentration, Sun Breathing, Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance." (Y/n) turned his katana for the starting slash of the attack.

(Y/n) leapt around Rengoku, rebounding off of trees and slashing at Rengoku repeatedly, Rengoku getting cuts varying from deep to shallow on his skin. Rengoku blocked though obviously wasn't trying, just watching (Y/n)'s movements.

"You look like you're dancing!" Rengoku chuckled, (Y/n)'s attack finished.

(Y/n) grunted, trying not to seem like he was a little tired from non-stop attacks, Rengoku not showing any sign of being tired.

"Oh? Is it my turn?" Rengoku reached for the Katana on his hip, drawing the dark red blade. (Y/n) gritted his teeth again, preparing for Rengoku's attack.

"Total Concentration, Blood Demon Art, Phoenix Eternal Ashes!" Rengoku leaped for (Y/n), (Y/n) raising his katana above his head, blocking the attack from above.

Rengoku moved his katana in a single, powerful, arch, (Y/n) and him going back and forth only for (Y/n) to kick Rengoku in the stomach, Rengoku flying back a few feet.

"That move..." (Y/n) recalled what he'd heard of Flame Breathing.

"Wow! That kinda hurt!" Rengoku rubbed the footprint from (Y/n)'s shoe off his clothes.

(Y/n) narrowed his eyes, "You were the previous Flame Pillar, weren't you?" (Y/n) taunted this time, Rengoku's demented smile somewhat falling off his face.

He recovered pretty fast and want back to smiling a repulsive to (Y/n), "I was the Flame Pillar!" Rengoku admitted freely, "Say, have they replaced me yet?" He inquired.

(Y/n) ignored his question, "If you're really the Rengoku Kyojuro I've heard of he wouldn't become a demon." (Y/n) recalled the stories Kagaya had told him, "That Rengoku protected the weak."

Rengoku's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, his smile falling, making him look intimidating.

"I did protect them, and all I got was the cold shoulder." Rengoku fixed his hold on his katana, before his eyes widened in an idea. "Hey I know!" He went back to smiling once again, "You should become a demon!"

"Never." (Y/n) scowled, not hesitating to reject the offer.

Rengoku's smile looked insane, "It wasn't up for debate." Before he disappeared.

"Wha-" (Y/n) was about to turn around, only to feel the pressure point on the base of his neck he hit. (Y/n)'s body froze, his sharp (e/c) eyes going heavy, his body going slack as his body fell forward.

"That's better!"