Moon Breathing

Moon Breathing (月つきの呼こ吸きゅう, Tsuki no kokyū?) is a Breathing Style derived from the Sun Breathing[1] used by Upper Rank 1, Kokushibo, who was one of the first Demon Slayers who utilized breathing techniques.

The techique allows him to create many chaotic crescent moon blades when slashing that vary in length and size in crescent shaped sword attacks using his demonic abilities. It is known that Kokushibo continued to develop and add techniques to the Breathing Style over the centuries as an immortal Demon. At this point in the story, it is the only known Breathing Style to possess at least 16 different techniques, easily surpassing the other Breathing Styles.

It has been revealed that, like all of the other original Breathing Styles, the Moon Breathing also branched out of the Sun Breathing. When its creator, Michikatsu Tsugikuni, attempted to learn the Sun Breathing from his twin brother, Yoriichi Tsugikuni, he discovered he was unable to master it and so was instead trained in an alternate Breathing Style. Yoriichi created it fit and cover his individual strengths and weaknesses, and Michikatsu then continued to train and develop this breathing until it eventually evolved into its own unique Breathing Style, which he named Moon Breathing.

KOKUSHIBO - You had better not take it easy because you've learned most breathing styles

Kokushibo (黒こく死し牟ぼう, Kokushibō?) is a member of the Twelve Kizuki, holding the highest position, Upper Rank One (上じょう弦げんの壱いち, Jōgen no Ichi?)

Kokushibo (黒こく死し牟ぼう, Kokushibō?) is a member of the Twelve Kizuki, holding the highest position, Upper Rank One (上じょう弦げんの壱いち, Jōgen no Ichi?). Before becoming a Demon, his human identity was Michikatsu Tsugikuni (継つぎ国くに厳みち勝かつ, Tsugikuni Michikatsu?),[1] a former Demon Slayer and the older twin brother of Yoriichi Tsugikuni. He was also the ancestor of Muichiro Tokito and Yuichiro Tokito.

Appearance

Kokushibo is a pale-skinned, tall man with long and spiky, black hair that he kept in a ponytail. He haa three sets of eyes on his face with red sclera and yellow irises. His middle set of eyes featured the kanji of Upper Rank (上じょう弦げん, Jōgen?) and One (壱いち, Ichi?), and red markings resembling flames were seen on his face and neck.

Kokushibo wore a purple-and-black-patterned kimono and black hakama pants tied with a white cloth. He carried a sword at his waist that had eyes in the space between the tsuka wrapping of the handle of his sword. The guard and blade were also later revealed to have eyes and veins.

As a human, Kokushibo's appearance was nearly identical to his Demon form, with the exception of the number of eyes, his prominent eyebrows, and notably less pale skin. His eyes had brown irises and normal, white sclera as a human.

After being beheaded by Sanemi Shinazugawa and Gyomei Himejima, Kokushibo evolved into a grotesque version of his Demon appearance, with protruding fangs, a pair of horns, and several sharp appendages from his body.

Personality

Kokushibo was often a reserved Demon, and with such little knowledge about the Upper Ranks, not much was originally known about him. He was an adamant rule-follower, punctual, and he showed a great deal of respect to the hierarchy of the Twelve Kizuki - as seen at the Upper Ranks Gathering.[2] Kokushibo was portrayed to be humble as well, and he did not hesitate to admit his failure or complain of any difficulty. He displayed a strong sense of loyalty towards Muzan Kibutsuji, with most of his actions being done with the sole purpose of fulfilling Muzan's goals.