The Rain

I rush downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen with a bunch of grocery bags.

"Hunny could you help me put these away!" My mom said.

I finished putting away all of the groceries. "Oh by the way do you mind if my friend stays over. It's raining really hard out there and I don't want him to walk in the rain." I said. Wait what am I saying? After what he just did how could I even think about him sleeping over! No way! But, even though we did that I can't just let him walk out alone in the rain. I guess I really will have no choice.

"Oh sure! I'll get started on dinner, why don't you bring these up to your friend." She said as she handed me two bananas. I took them and headed back to my room. I waited outside of the door, I couldn't bring myself to enter. What I am even thinking! I can't even enter my own room. I just have to be confident and not let him do anything "strange". I opened the door slowly and Swiper came into view. That feeling comes back, but more intense than ever! Why do I feel this way? He's only laying on my bed looking through his phone. I constantly repeat "I have to be confident. I have to be confident!" in my head. I walk through the doorway and head for the bed.

"My mom got these for us." I say handing him the banana. He sits up and gets close to me and I can feel like I'm blushing. I move my upper body away from him.

"Don't worry I won't try anything." Swiper says looking at me.

"Wait, what?!" I was caught completely off guard.

"Unless you want me to?" He said as a grin appeared on his face.

"No!" I can't look at him when he said that all the memories that only happened moments ago showed up in my mind.

"Or maybe I'll try one thing." He said before he pulled my face towards his and kissed me. I was shocked, but still I didn't want to pull away. He pulled back and looked at me.

"Why do you do this?" I asked. He probably is just toying with me or something mean like that.

He lets out a small sigh "I like you, ok."

"WHAT? HOW? WHEN? HUH?"

"Don't worry about it. Let's just say I've liked you for quite some time now." He smiled a little.

"Why would you like and when did you exactly start liking and didn't you....."

"Just shut up." He said with a smile. He kissed me again, but knowing that he liked me the kiss felt different. It felt....good? NO! Why would I think that, but the truth is it did. Shortly after my mom called us down to eat dinner. Throughout dinner I couldn't help, but think about the kiss and how it kind of made me happy. I knew something exciting would happen this year, but I didn't know something like this would happen and to me of all people! We all finished dinner and we both went back to my room. It was pretty late and I was kind of tired, but thinking about all of the events that occurred today kept me awake.

"Hey I'm kinda tired so I'll get to bed." Swiper said as he laid out on my bed.

"Ok I'll just grab a pillow and a blanket and I can sleep on the floor." I said starting to turn around.

"Wait!" Swiper said as he grabbed my hand.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Don't sleep on the floor, that would be uncomfortable."

"Where do you want me to sleep then?" Suddenly Swiper yanked me to the bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Right here with me." He said looking me in the eyes.

"What!?"

"Ok I'm going to bed now." Swiper said, shutting his eyes. "Goodnight" He said smiling.

"No...he's asleep." How does he fall asleep so fast? Maybe I can sneak away now! I tried pulling away, but I couldn't get out of his grasp. Either I'm really weak or he's really strong. I guess I just have to sleep like this, but how can I!? He's just so close and it feels like my heart is going to burst!