Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Peter had brought Jack back to the house to quickly gather some things, no one was back from searching for Angel yet, so he simply gathered his things and left with Peter.

Peter had a '57 Chevy Bel-Air painted candy apple red, it was gorgeous and parked on the road near the woods. Jack climbed in the passenger seat and off they went. They drove in silence for a while.

"You don't remember your parents do you?" Peter asked.

"Nope." Jack answered. "Gran told me about them."

Peter smiled softly.

"Your mother's name was Hina. She was born in Japan but moved to America to be a part of the Namour Allegiance. Hina was the most intelligent woman I had ever met. She loved gadgets and mechanics. She invented most of the weapons we still use today. She met your father in the Allegiance. A man named Jay. He had the power to turn himself invisible, which is what he thought he was to your mother most of the time. He was terrified of her. Jay was so shy and closed to everything while Hina was clever and opinionated. Finally Hina got tired of him never speaking to her and made the first move." He explained. Jack smiled,

"I wish I could remember them." He replied.

"You might be able too. There are excellent scientists at Namour, they might be able to restore your memory. Not only the memories you lost recently but the memory that was taken from you when you were a kid." Peter stated. Jack looked at him,

"Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, they've been working on memory restoring formula for the past few months." He explained. Jack sat back in his seat, full of wonder. All of his memories, of his parents, Angel, Kent, Julian, Gran and Gramps. He could remember all of the stories that Angel had told him, first hand. He would remember jumping off the docks to hide from the priest, he would remember fighting with her and her kissing him, everything. He could feel the excitement dwelling in the pit of his stomach.

That would mean they could fix Angel's memory too, they could bring back her memories of her mother, of the Allegiance.

Of her father.

"What's her father's name?" Jack asked his own voice surprising him.

"Angel's father?" Peter clarified, Jack nodded.

"Daniel. Daniel Burke." He answered, "Angel uses her mothers surname Rivers. Your surname was Davidson. I'm not sure of you still used that when your memory was taken, but you're free to use it now."

Jack Davidson. He repeated the name in his head until he adopted it as his own.

It was another 2 hours of awkward small talk about things Jack pretended to understand, before they arrived at a tall gated white stone mansion.

"Welcome to Namour, Jack."

~

After being given the grand tour by a servant girl named Beatrice who had curly ginger hair, Jack still felt as if most of the mansion was still unexplored. He had been brought to a white walled, fairly empty room that was labeled as his own. Beatrice left before Jack could even thank her. The door slammed behind her and Jack stood alone in his room. There were office supplies on a wooden desk in the corner, a wide bed wrapped in a white comforter and a mirror. He dropped his duffel bag on the floor and stood alone in his room for a long time.

He had brought his camera, almost all the photos off of his wall, he hadn't even looked at all of them. He decided to put his photos up first. He grabbed some tape off the desk and opened his duffel bag. The first photo was of Angel on the beach. She was wearing a black bikini with a blue pull over. Her hair was braided and fell on her back. She wore a big pair of black sunglasses, and her back was turned to the camera except for the side of her delicate face. It was a gorgeous photo.