Chapter 1

(A/N: this is an AU story so it won't follow the story line)

Third person POV

It was a normal night in Menagerie but all that changes when a bright light shines threw out the island, everyone on the island woke up to this light even the Chieftain of Menagerie, a guard knocked on his door and he said "enter" the guard entered and said "sir Ghira, what is that light?" . He turned to the light and noticed it is dying down and he said "call the Huntsmen, we need to know what that thing is" the guard nodded and left, as the light died down to nothing one though went threw his head "what is going to happen to Menagerie?" He looked down to a photo of him and a man who look just like him and said "what would you think brother?" He went to get charged and knew that he is not getting much sleep tonight.

Ozpin's POV

I woke up as I felt a strong magic Surge, I got out of bed and went to my office and noticed a new request from Menagerie saying a bright light appeared out of nowhere in the dessert and it was at the same time that I felt the magic Surge. I picked up my scroll and called Glynda, when she picked up she said "Ozpin?, Why are you calling so late?" I replied " Glynda a bright light appeared in Menagerie 's dessert and I believe it was magic based" I heard Scuffling on the other side of the call and Glynda said "are you shure Ozpin?, Do you think that-" I gut her off and said "no, this is different, in the morning send teams RWBY, JNPR, AND CFVY to my office and I'll explain then, I want you to go to sleep we are coming with them as well" Glynda replied "yes's Ozpin, good night" she hanged up I put my scroll down and turn to my Terminal and contacted Ironwood he picked up and said "Hello Ozpin, what are you doing up so late?" I laughed a bit and said "I could ask you the same thing, anyway I felt a strong magical surge" Ironwood looked at me and asked "was it?" I replied " no, it's different from her and at the same time I got a request from Menagerie, a bright light appeared out of nowhere in the dessert, it's no coincidence that these two events are related" . He nodded and said "tomorrow I'm sending Winter, Penny, and two members of Ace Ops to investigate it, I assume you are sending people as well?" I nodded and said "yes, as well as me and Glynda" he nodded and said "I'll alert them and have them prepare, I'll leave them in your hands Oz take care of them" I nodded and hang up after that I went to make a cup of coffee and after I had one I was looking out the window and said to my self "this is going to be an interesting expedition" .

Time skip morning, Ruby's POV

We where heading to Professor Ozpin's office while Wiess was scolding us for no reason mostly Yang "I can't believe you dolts!, I want to know what all you did to get us called to Professor Ozpin's office again!, Yang!" . Yang replied to Wiess "Why are you accusing me for ice queen, I did nothing, yet" Blake arched her brow and asked "yet?" Yang replied " I have a prank in the works for Pyrrha " Wiess faceplates at that, I was about to say something but I noticed Teams JNPR and CFVY at the elevator I then said "Hi guys, why are you here?" Jeanne replied "I don't know, Ms, Goodwitch told us to head to Professor Ozpin's office" I look at Coco and she said "we where told the same thing" I was curious but my thoughts where short lived when the elevator dinged and opened. We where all Abel to fit in at once it was a little tight but it was fine I then said a joke "tight fit right" as soon as it left my mouth I sounded like dad and Yang, the elevator dinged and the doors opened and we had trouble getting out but we where Abel too, we walked to Professor Ozpin's desk and I asked "Hi professor Ozpin, why did you call us here?" he replied " last night in Menagerie a mysterious bright light appeared in the red and the Chieftain send a request and I'm sending you and your teams to investigate it" I thought about it then Wiess said "you want us as well as two other teams to investigate a mysterious light?" Ozpin nodded and said "also you won't be alone me, Glynda, and some Atles special Ops and a specialist will be accompanying you" Pyrrha then asked "Isn't crawling with Grimm?" He nodded but Blake answered "yes, that's why we say near the coste that and it was crawling with life" Professor Ozpin then asked "that's right you Ms, Belladonna are from Menagerie, I'm I right" Blake nodded and said "yes, my uncle is actually the Chieftain of Menagerie" he nodded and I never knew Blake's family runs the hole island, that's so cool, I then heard Ms, Goodwitch said "it's best we leave eminently, all you grab your weapons and meet us at the landing pads" we all nodded and left, as I was getting Crescent Rose all I could think about what was that light.
Time skip because I want too
We where on a bullhead and we where all talking to each other with Nora saying "IT'S ALIENS" every now and then I then asked Blake "hey Blake, what is Menagerie like?" Blake replied " it's a cheerful place, the population is mostly Faunes, and it's always sunny but that's what you get Menagerie is usually a tropical place" . I was stary eyed at that then Yang said "hey guys, what do you think what that light is?" Wiess answered " well I say it's probably an forgotten Atles base from the grate war, thoe I don't know what that light can be" I was going to say something but Ms, Goodwitch said "we are going to land students so buckle up" we did what she said and I look out the window and I was something weird it looked like a bird but it didn't had a normal bird head it was a round head but with no Beak but when we landed it disappeared, everyone was getting off but I was wondering what that was Yang grabbed my shoulder and asked "you ok?" I nodded and left with the others.
Time skip brout to you by chibie Ruby eating cookies
We where at the edge of the dessert and I noticed the Atles military is here as well as Wiess's sister Winter and two people I never met "Ruby!" I was tackled and when I looked up I noticed Penny I smiled and said while returning the hug "Penny!, What are you doing here?" Penny got up and helped me up and said " General Ironwood asked me to help investigate with the light" I was happy that Penny is here with her things will run much smoother. We all went to a tent where I saw a big man I'm pretty Shure he's Blake's uncle and I turn to see a cat Faunes woman I saw Blake walk to her and said "Hi mom" they Boulth hug and after that the Chieftain started talking "ok now that everyone is here let me introduce myself my name is Ghira Belladonna and we are here to investigate this" he showed us a picture of a bright light and continued "this light appeared in the dessert in the middle of the night and we are unsure what caused this but this light seemed to halt the Grimm because normally we get at least one or two Grimm from the dessert but the Grimm seemed to stop coming here" I was a little surprised that the Grimm stopped, then Winter then explain what are we going to do "we will go into three teams, team one will be team RWBY, my self, Penny, Glynda, and Ozpin, team 2 will be team JNPR as well as Elm, team 3 will be team CFVY and Harriet, any questions?" Velvet rised her hand " did we set up a Ronday viewpoint? " Winter answered and said "yes" she showed us a map of Menagerie and there was a sercal in red and she said "this is where we will meet up after 1400 hours we will meet here, now if that's all let's go" we all nodded and head out to the dessert.