Island Vacation -- Bede

"Come on, Piers," Marnie groaned, dragging her brother from the train station out into the sunlight. "A little bit o' sun won't hurt ya!"
"It will if I get sunburned," he grumbled in response, still being pulled in the direction of the cerulean sea.
"Come on, let's go swimmin'! High tide hasn't hit yet, an' the water ain't freezin' either."

As Piers reluctantly gave into his younger sister's wishes, I decided to have a look around the island.
After Opal retired from the Gym Leader position, I had stepped up and surpassed her every expectation. I was so strong, there was a great debate over whether or not Ballonlea should move up a place in the gym challenge the first year I was Gym Leader. Eventually, the disputes were settled, and Ballonlea stayed where it was. But, I knew that every trainer in the gym challenge feared the day they would have to challenge me for the Fairy Badge.

"This is some great weather," Raihan stretched, basking in the golden shine of the early morning sun. "Makes me wanna practice some new battle styles because of it!"
"Come now, Raihan," Opal smiled warmly, relaxing on her umbrella/walking stick. "Mustard was generous enough to let us visit his island and dojo for a vacation. The least you could do is appreciate our limited window of time."

I smiled at the little old lady, and her subtle way of chewing people out. Ever since she took me under her wing, she became less of a strict mentor and more of a loving, yet firm motherly figure. She had been there for me all throughout my training to become her successor, and I found myself a bit of the friendlier sort under her careful watch and advice.

Casually slipping off towards the ocean while the other gym leaders arrived in their respective Flying Taxis, I slid out of my high-tops and breathed in the salty morning air, feeling the grains of sand shifting around my toes. "Come out and enjoy the view with me," I called out my partners one by one.

Mawile, Gardevoir, Sylveon, Rapidash and eventually Hatterene all materialized and joined me. The moment Sylveon was freed, she chirped happily and snaked her ribbon-like feelers around my arm. Rapidash was gallivanting all over the shore, and Mawile was inspecting some wildflowers with Gardevoir. Hatterene stuck close by my side, clearly uncomfortable among all the excitement and emotions of the other Pokemon.

I caught glimpses of the other gym leaders and their partners from the corners of my eyes; Marnie splashing around with her Morpeko, and Nessa and her Drednaw sitting on the beach, getting sucked into the growing water fight.
Raihan was nowhere to be seen, but if I had to guess, I would say he was off to find somewhere with good light so he could take a selfie of his vacation for his followers. Bea had run off to Arceus knows where the moment she set foot on the island, and Milo was making friends with strange, new Grass types that had gathered around him and his partner, Eldegoss.

"It's been so long since I've seen the ocean." I jumped at the sudden noise of Opal's voice. I swear, sometimes I think she can teleport. "After spending a life living in a forest, you forget how grand and beautiful the outside world is."
"Y-yes, Miss Opal," I replied, trying to regain my composure after my very near heart-attack. She just smiled, and turned to face the sparkling expanse of blue. "It's been so long since I've seen Mustard," she mused, her Alcremie bursting out of its Ultra Ball at the sound of his name. "I sometimes wonder if he even remembers who I am."

"It would be impossible to forget you," I assured her, and she gave a small smile. "You know, Mustard has two gym leaders at his dojo," she smiled, greyish-blue eyes glinting with a bit of mischief. "And I do believe they're about your age."

"Miss Opal, I don't have time for the frivolous game of love," I sighed, gently petting Sylveon's head, which she replied with a soft purr. "I'm much too busy a man to get wrapped up in such fantasies." Opal sighed, and turned back to face the ocean. "Perhaps," she sighed again, and chuckled at her Alcremie, which had created a flower crown that was dripping with cream for Mawile. "But remember, Bede. Someday, you will find someone perfectly pink."

I just smiled politely in response, and mentally groaned. I never did understand Opal's metaphors, and I doubt I ever will know what this 'pink' she's always talking about is.