02

"What the hell?" Paxton groaned when he woke up, feeling extremely warm and stuck in one spot. He tried to sit up, but Renato's arm tightened around him, not allowing the demon to move.

Paxton huffed, trying to squirm away without waking up Renato, but the vampire's eyes opened seconds later and he released Paxton's waist.

"I apologize," Renato said, sliding away from Paxton. "Did I disturb you by holding you?"

"No, I just didn't expect it," Paxton said, getting out of the bed and realizing he had kicked off the sweatpants while he was sleeping. "Uh..."

Renato was staring at Paxton's bare body, the only thing keeping him from complete vulnerability. He bit his bottom lip, shaking his head to stop from eye-fucking Paxton and making him even more uncomfortable.

"You should go shower," Renato said, clearing his throat and getting up. "We must speak about my vampire community. They wish to meet tonight and I would like to introduce you as my life mate."

Paxton nearly choked on his spit. "You expect me, a demon who's done Alastor's dirty work for years, who's hated by most of the vampire community, to waltz into a room full of them and expect them not to want to kill me?"

Renato nodded. "No one will lay a harmful finger on you, unless they want to put up with me," he said with full confidence. "Now, go wash yourself and then we will go to town and find you some clothes for our meeting tonight."

Paxton slunk off to the bathroom, amazed by the huge shower which took up a large portion of the bathroom and was lined with black tiles. It was almost its own little room and had a bench, countless supplies for hair and body cleaning, and three different shower heads.

The childish and fun part of Paxton wanted to turn on all of the shower heads to appease himself, but his stiff and tense side, the side that Paxton relied on the most, told him to stop those thoughts and clean himself. Since he was created, Paxton felt as though a part of his brain was a child and didn't care about composure and instead pushed him to do ridiculous things that he actually wanted to do, but he always shut that part of his mind down and kept his composure and maturity in check.

He wasn't childish like the other sins and he didn't care to join them in their stupidity that they called fun.

"Are you having trouble?" Renato asked from behind him, making Paxton wince before he relaxed.

"Yes, I was just wondering why someone would need three shower heads," Paxton said in a stiff, annoyed tone. "It's a waste of money."

Renato shrugged. "I enjoy more water in my shower. Besides, when we shower together in the future it's rude if I made you wait to use the water while I showered, so more than one shower head is rather beneficial."

"When?" Paxton asked, challenging the statement with crossed arms.

"Yes," Renato said plainly, looking Paxton up and down, licking his lips. "I just came in to make sure you knew how to work the shower because it was quiet in here."

Paxton turned on the water, raising an eyebrow while it washed over him.

"You do realize you are still wearing your undergarments, correct?" Renato asked, making Paxton look down and sigh deeply.

"Well now I do," he muttered.

Renato gave him a pitying smile. "Enjoy your shower, caro," he said, turning away, still only wearing sweatpants.

Paxton watched him leave, ignoring his childish inner voice that was ordering him to get his soulmate to come into the shower with him so they could stare at him. Paxton listened to the other voice that told him to simply shower and get dressed.