°Running away°

Next part...do inline comments

___**___

One year has passed, and my life has not changed a bit. That day I still can't forget, Manik said I will never love you.

I spent the whole day sitting in the bathroom and crying like anything. This is the only place where I can express myself, if mom sees she will ask many questions.

My Manik doesn't love me Ayyappa!! Why? Even though I know the truth, it hurts so much.

Two months I tried to avoid him but I couldn't. What hurt me the most was that he didn't come to the usual place I see him. I used to see this friend but he didn't come.

Did he hate me that much?

I try to concentrate on the exam and work hard for that. I scored well in all the remaining exams. Mom was so happy with me, she used to talk about studies, marriage topics which made me cry more.

Navya didn't try to ask me about it, because she is my best friend, she only tried to comfort me after that incident.

Soon my board came. I secured the highest score and became state third. Which made my father happy but Mom was so sad.

"Can't you score high marks and become state first. See that Shanti son came first." Mom started her rating, which rolled my eyes and lay on Papa's lap.

"Ishita, she scored a nice mark. She will get a nice college. Why are you worrying about other children?. " Papa said strictly.

"Oh, you have money to make her study in a top college. If she was in class first she must have got a scholarship but now that too went. We have to pay full money." She shouted. More tears rolled down.

Why can't she understand my problem? Even after this much happened I studied, but she?

I got admission to the best college and studied medicine. I am always inspired by the doctor who, next to God , saves lives. I want to experience those feelings once.

One year passed, I used to go to college by bus where sometimes I saw his friends. But I have never seen him.

I came out of my trance, seeing all going out of class. I sighed sadly thinking about the past and walked to my home.

I saw Arya near the bus stop. I want to ask about Manik, but I am scared.

Arya saw me, and smiled. At least these both are not rude like him.

I smiled slightly and went near him, looking around. I don't want any aunty near my house to complain to mom about me.

"Hey! Nandini." Arya said smiling and tried to go from there. But I stopped him and nervously looked down, don't knowing how to ask.

"Congratulations, I heard you came third in state." I smiled at him. For 2 minutes silence around us.

"Tha..anks. di.. didn't he." I stammered, looking like I will cry soon. I think he understands my question.

"He is not here, he and Cabir went to Delhi 8 months ago." I looked at him in shock, he looked down.

"W.?when will he come back?" I asked him unknown tears rolling down my eyes.

"I don't know, they went for something I can't say." I will try to digest this information. I whipped my uncontrollable tears and walked hurriedly home.

I whipped my tears, and set my hair, went inside only to be welcomed by a slap. I fell down on the ground because of a sudden slap.

"Ishita..." Dad shouted, mom closed the door, pulled me up.