Part 4

I sat there with Apollo for the next six hours talking about myself, then he spoke a bit about himself. It went like that until an hour before dawn. He helped me back outside and I leaned against him all the way back to the shack. I gave him a silent tour of the house that ended with my bedroom.

"Thanks for helping me get back. . ." I trailed off staring at the coral pink sky. I shook my head and looked back at Apollo. "You know that I'm happy to help you, any time." I looked straight at him. "Any time." I repeated.

Apollo smiled and knelt down in front of me. "I hope after this night we'll see each other soon."

I nodded and watched in curiosity as he kind of curled over my injury and I saw a faint aura around my leg. Three seconds later, I felt the same as before I'd left to go to the beach yesterday evening. Apollo looked up at me and I gawked as he unraveled the white cloth from my thigh.

It had healed.

My once gashed leg had healed and only a faint white scar remained.

I looked at Apollo in wonder. "Thank you, so much."

He returned my thanks with a heart stopping smile. My gaze followed him out the door and I ran to the window as he walked around four metres down the path before he, legitimately, disappeared in a puff of black smoke and ash.

I groaned as a rough hand shook me awake.

"Ares! What did you get up to last night?" Lucky whispered in my ear. "The blue tees are here."

I jolted awake at the mention of the police. I'd never liked any form of power. Governments and police alike. I leapt out of bed and looked out the window. Two blue shirted people were standing outside the door. I raced to put some 'feminine clothes' on as Lucky put it.

Two minutes later I dashed down the stairs wearing a white lace with a grey long sleeve underneath and regular blue jeans. I didn't put any shoes on so I slipped hazardously over the wooden boards. I wrapped my arm around Lucky's neck as he opened the door, I thought it more casual compared to the reality of what just happened.

"Hello sir, ma'am. My name is sergeant James, and my friend here is detective Boa."

I looked at the small female next to the him. She had long, brown hair dyed blonde and heavy make up on. I also caught on the fact that he said 'detective'. I looked at Lucky, he'd noticed too.

"What's the matter officer?" I asked politely. "Has something happened?"

The man, sergeant James, opened his mouth but the woman, detective Boa, interrupted him. "You're damn right something happened little gal. There's a murderer on the loose."

I stopped short. "What do they look like?"

The sergeant James scowled at detective Boa. "She has white blonde hair, tall, blue eyes. Has a horrible knack for weaker people like the elderly, young children, the sick or injured."

I let out a breath, it wasn't Apollo. "No sergeant, we haven't seen her."

Detective Boa straightened. "How do you know that the suspect is female?"

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. "Sergeant James over here." I pointed to the man. "Said she was."

Detective Boa gave sergeant James a full on death stare and he visibly shrank back, grinning sheepishly.

Lucky cleared his throat. "If we could continue our lives in peace. . ." he trailed off, not bothering to finish his sentence. The two police officers nodded in unison. They walked off and I sent the woman a mini death stare myself and she stopped mid-stride. She spun around and came back. I backed into the doorway and behind Lucky.

"What's the matter?" Sergeant James asked, jogging back to her side.

Lucky blocked the doorway when the detective tried to come inside.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing?" He asked loudly as she tried to push past him.

"I want to see the girl." She panted pushing against Lucky's abdomen.

I pressed myself against the kitchen wall and listened to the grunting and groaning of both officers. Sergeant James attempting to drag his partner away. And detective Boa, attempting to shove Lucky out of the doorway.

"I am a student of the law! Move aside!" She shouted. I heard a loud crack and a yelp of pain, I peeked around the corner and immediately regretted it.

"There!" She hissed, and stalked straight towards me. I cowered against the wall, I'd never witnessed such hatred until now. Detective Boa seemed to tower over me even though she was like five inches smaller. I felt waves of fury and fear roll off her in waves.

She lunged for me and I sprinted out of the way and ran upstairs. I heard the pounding of her feet following me and I bolted into my room, locking the door just before she leapt for me. It took her a couple of seconds to regain herself as she had just ran head first into a door. But then she was striking the it so hard that I feared she would break it.

"Help!" I cried, aware that I might've possibly just turned someone crazy by giving them a look. "Lucky, help!" I cried. I didn't know what detective Boa had done to him but I hoped that it wasn't serious. . .

I sat cowering in my room until the harassing officer was taken away and I watched the medics take Lucky away in a large van. Apparently detective Boa had shattered his knee cap and given him internal bleeding. I was more afraid of the latter. The sane police officers asked me if I was okay to live here on my own for a couple of weeks. I told them that I would let them know if I wanted to move. In all honesty, I was kind of grateful that I had three weeks for myself. That meant that I had three weeks to get to know Apollo a bit more. . .

After two days of living alone, when I had gotten used to the fact that Lucky wouldn't stride down the stairs searching for the Milo tin. I decided to go down to the beach and see if Apollo wanted to talk.

I snuggled into the warmth of my coat and pushed the fluff rimmed hood over my head. I managed a consistent shuffle down to the waterside. When I got there no one was waiting for me.

"Maybe I need to call him. . ." I murmured to myself before calling out, "Apollo! Where are you?"

No answer, I became frustrated, did I need to hurt myself for him to come? How sick and twisted would that be? I thought to myself. The wind howled in my ears and I yelled in frustration, I thought Apollo was a reasonable person. Not some reckless, stuck up weirdo. I ground my teeth together in frustration, this beach was definitely off my visiting list. . .