Fuck It, I Love You~Cooper

He was her weakness. He was her everything. She would have done just about everything for him. But, he changed. He became cold. He wasn't himself. And, she couldn't stand it.

"What is it Cooper?! Why are you like this?! You was my closest friend, but you became different, so I fucking moved out of state because I couldn't stand seeing you like this! You told me you'd changed, so I moved back. I fucking moved to California for you Cooper!"
"Y/N, I..." he just huffed without finishing his sentence.
"See, you don't even fucking care! Everyone loves you out there! You haven't changed towards any of them! But for some fucking reason, you shout at me, you're mean to me, you hate me! But why? What the fuck have I ever done to you that makes you hate me so much?!" Y/N screamed.

~flashback~
"No, Schlatt! You gotta-" Y/N said before bursting into laughed as she watched the man try to put the thread through the needle. She was trying to show him how to sew his pants back up because he was messing around and ripped them. Luckily it was on a seam so it wouldn't be noticeable.
"for fuck sake Y/N, I can't do it! You're gonna have to do it for me!" he said as he handed them over to her.
"Okay, but you're gonna have to learn how to do it one day, I won't always be here" she told him and she threaded the needle
"Yeh cause she'll probably move out of state again" Cooper said and then walked out of the room. Y/N stood up and followed him, but before he could slam the door in her face, she caught it and swung it open so hard that is slammed against the wall, making a mark and bounced back shut. The rest of lunch club shortly followed behind them and tried listening through the door.
"you know, guys, I don't think we should be listening" Travis said
"Travis, shush" Ted said as he furrowed his eyebrows, put his ear on the door, trying to listen to what was being said
"Yeh okay" Travis said as he also put his ear up to the door
~end of flashback~

"I don't hate you Y/N, but maybe I wouldn't be this cold towards you if you didn't fucking abandon us all!"
"You're the reason I left, Cooper! You! You was driving me fucking insane! You wasn't being yourself but only towards me! You and the rest of the guys were and still are normal! I felt like an outcast Cooper! Do you know what it feels like to live with someone you thought was your best friend but for some reason, he just fucking switched one day?! It's your fault I left! It's your fault that I abandon the rest of the boys! It's your fault I cry myself to sleep every night! It's your fault I'm not longer happy! It's your fault!"
"Why didn't you fucking tell me then?! You should have just talked to me like a normal fucking adult! Not just move out of state! I fucking know you and guess what you did? You did what you always fucking do when you have a problem... You ran! You ran away from some of the only people who actually understand you! You ran away from us! From the boys! From me!"
"You know what Cooper, fuck you! You don't fucking understand me! You don't fucking know me!" Y/N shouted as she swung the door open and stormed out, not even taking into account that all of her friends were listening to what was going on, even though they could have heard it even if they weren't trying. Cooper followed right behind her and carried on arguing with her.
"Where are you going, Y/N?! Are you leaving us again? Do you understand how much that shit messed me up?! Y/N, you was my best friend and the fact that you didn't even tell me that you were leaving broke me! But you don't fucking care, do you?!" Y/N just stopped in her tracks. She took her hand off of the front door handle and spun around. She saw the rest of lunch club gathering in the door way but not actually entering the living room from the corner of her eye. But she didn't care about that. Her main focus was Cooper.
"of course I fucking care Cooper! Obviously I fucking care, or I wouldn't have came back! The only reason i didn't tell you was because I thought you wouldn't have given a shit! You would go out of your way to avoid talking to me! And I definitely do understand how you felt, Cooper! Do you think it was easy for me to leave my best friends and move somewhere where I don't know anyone?! It wasn't! I was terrified! Not because I was moving to a new place, or that I didn't know what I was going to do... it was because I wouldn't have you around. Coop, I used to dream of you. I turned us into something sweet. We'd turn the radio on and dance to a pop song in the middle of the night in the kitchen. And you know what? Those dreams haven't ever stopped, but I have a feeling that they will tonight. Goodbye Cooper" Y/N shouted but turned into a softer, quieter voice halfway through. She had tears slowly rolling down her cheeks and Coopers tears weren't far from falling. She opened the door but just before she closed it, Cooper spoke up.
"Do you want to know why I changed?"
"yes, I'd be elated to know" she said, not even going back into the house to hear him better. Cooper was taken aback, he thought she would have just walked out. He didn't want to tell her but he had to, he didn't want to lie to her anymore.
"Fuck it, I love you" he said.

~Ending #1~

She looked into his eyes and then they followed a tear as it slipped down his face.
"Coop I... -" she said as she opened the door wider and stepped back inside slightly. She looked at the boys in the door way, awaiting a response. She walked over to him slowly and put her hand on his cheek.
"I love you too, but you hurt me, really bad, so I'm sorry but, it's too late, Cooper" she said as she took her hand off of his face and then walked over to the open door. She looked back at Cooper with red eyes and did the thing she would come to hate herself for. She walked out and fully closed the door being her. She knew she'd come to regret that decision but she couldn't go back now. Truth be told, she loved him too but, he hurt her too much.

~Ending #2~

She looked into his eyes and then they followed a tear as is slipped down his face.
"Coop I... -" she said as she opened the door wider and stepped back inside slightly. She looked at the boys in the door way, awaiting a response. She pushed open the door wider and stepped back into the house. She spun around to close the door with one hand on the handle and the other hand on the door frame. She stood there, staring at her hand for a few seconds before she turned around and looked at him.
"is that why-"
"yes, it is, I know, it wasn't the right thing to do, I was just really scared, I didn't want to ruin our friendship that way, but I do, I really do love you Y/N"
"so you ruined our friendship in a worse way?"
"Well, I didn't really plan it to go that way" he said with a nervous laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck
"Yeh, I didn't think you did" she slightly chuckled,looking at the ground in front of Cooper's feet. Her eyes slowly ran up his body, all the way back to his eyes and they just stared at each other of a few seconds. Until Y/N broke her tough act and ran over to him, engulfing him in a tight hug. Her arms wrapped tightly around his neck (not tight enough to strangle him though), and his arms wrapped tightly around her waist, she was slightly risen off of the ground by Cooper and they both just cried onto each other.
"I love you too, I always have Coop" she spoke quietly into his ear.

Ngl, this is one of my favourites that I've wrote, I hope y'all like it too 💞