𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

THE HYBRID SAT QUIETLY ON THE sofa as she thought to herself

THE HYBRID SAT QUIETLY ON THE sofa as she thought to herself. After so many centuries, she had finally been gifted a mate. Why? She had no clue. Her father used to say that only the good people were granted one or sometimes even two. Anaìs felt like she was anything but that.

Over the years the woman had caused so much trouble in any states she passed through. Killing just because she could, though, sometimes she did it for a good reason. She had killed many creeps who couldn't seem to understand what no meant or those who couldn't keep their hands to themselves.

Standing from her seat, Anaìs walks to the kitchen. She opens the refrigerator, grabbing a piece of the wrapped up raw meat she went to hunt for last night. She grabs a plate and unwraps the meat, then places it on the plate. After tossing the paper in the trash and grabbing a knife and fork, she grabs a seat at the island.

Cutting into the meat, she sticks a piece in her mouth, her wolf groaning in delight while the vampire side of her wants to puke at the horrid taste.

Ignoring the feeling, she carry's on with eat thinking about how she was going to explain all of this to Kaori. She knows it's weird how she just forced herself into the woman's home but after their first encounter, she began to feel weak while being away from the woman.

The only reason she didn't kill Kaori that night like she would have done anyone else is because as soon as the sweet scent of vanilla and cinnamon hit her nose, she knew. What really confirmed it for her were the electric shocks that went through her body when she touched Kaori.

"How can you eat that?"

Hearing Kaori, Anaìs looks over at her.

"Would you rather I eat you instead?" She questions, her gloss coated lips pulling into a smirk as she let her eyes wander over the woman's frame. Kaori's dressed down preparing for bed, only dressed in a pink bonnet, an oversized shirt, and her teddy bear slippers.

Kaori merely blushes thankful for her melanated skin as she turns around to grab a water out of the fridge along with a fruit.

"Someone's at the door."

"Nobody is at-"

Before she could finish her sentence, her doorbell sounds throughout the house. Kaori's eyebrows furrow as she goes to the door, confused on how Anaìs knew that.

Kaori looks through her peephole and her eyes widen seeing Milan. She really didn't feel like explaining why this woman was in her house.

"Can you go upstairs or something?" Kaori asks, smacking her lips when the woman shakes her head as she keeps eating.

She opens the door and instantly pulls Milan in for a hug, turning so that Milan's back was facing Anaìs.

"Heyyyy, I missed you. Lets go upstairs."

"I missed you too but stop being weird. You don't even like to be touched so what's going on?" Milan says with squinted eyes as she slips off her shoes.

Meanwhile Anaìs observes the two not really knowing how to feel about Milan being all up on her mate like that. She says nothing, knowing that she'd be having a talk with Milan sooner than later.

"Nothing. I can't hug you, friend?"

"I–who is that?"

Kaori freezes, debating on if she wanted to run away or explain that she had a serial killer chilling in her house.

"Kaori this your new boo?" Milan's whispers in Kaori's ear as she and Anaìs stare each other down.

"I'll explain everything to you when we go to my room." says Kaori as she drags her best friend up the stairs.

———————
🫰🏽