𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

          KAORI'S EYES SKIM OVER the produce section, looking for the collard greens as Anaìs quietly follows behind her

          KAORI'S EYES SKIM OVER the produce section, looking for the collard greens as Anaìs quietly follows behind her. Kaori had begged the woman to stay but Anaìs insisted that she come, stating that she had a bad feeling about her going out by herself.

"Stop looking at people like that, it's weird and rude." Kaori tells her, seeing how her eyebrows were lowered and pulled closer together, and her jaw tense. She looked to be angry and focused but why?

"Hurry and find what you need before I have to kill someone." Anaìs states locking eyes with a person that stood at the other end of the aisle. It was the person, specifically a woman, that she had that bad feeling about.

The woman's appearance was ghastly. She had brown skin with tinges of pale tones, her anguine like eyes shimmering with malice as she oh so slyly stole glances at Anaìs and Kaori. Her hair stringy and lifeless, stopping at her shoulders.

Anaìs only hoped that they'd keep their distance or else they'd lose their life today.

Kaori gasps, turning around to quickly shush Anaìs, not even paying attention to the woman who slowly moved closer towards the pair.

"Don't say stuff like that so loud while you with me, gon' have the police looking for me next. And who are you looking–"

Before she could even stop herself, Kaori tenses up in fear when the woman walks past them. Goosebumps spreading across her body as the hairs on her arms stood while her heart began beating rapidly against her chest. Anaìs quickly notices and takes hold of her hand, using the other to push the cart.

"Do you know her?" Anaìs whispers.

Kaori nodded, her stomach doing backflips as she shook with anxiety.

Anaìs said nothing only pulling Kaori closer to her as she rang up their items in the self checkout. Of course she wanted answers but she didn't want to talk about it in a public setting.

After paying, Anaìs grabbed the bags in one hand and used the other to grabs Kaori's as the two walked out the store.

           "SO HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS lady?" Anaìs asked as the two sat at the dining table? Anaìs and Kaori agreed to talk after she made dinner

"That lady is my ex. My ex that's supposed to be dead." Kaori tells her scooping up some baked macaroni and cheese onto her fork.

"What do you mean by dead?"

"Dead like sitting in a urn at her brothers house dead. She died a few years ago."

"How's she die?"

"Her brother told me that she'd got shot." Kaori quickly tells her.

"Kaori stop lying to me. How did she die?" Anaìs repeats turning her chair and scooting closer towards Kaori, then she turns Kaori's chair so that they're facing one another.

"I didn't mean to do it, Anaìs. I was only defending myself."

"She hit you?"

"She used to do more than hit me until I finally got the strength to put an end to it. Can we talk about this tomorrow." Kaori says feeling herself become overwhelmed.

Anaìs nods watching as Kaori excused herself and disappeared up the stairs.

—————
excuse any mistakes, this is not edited