Chapter 17 | Intimacy

All you need

Is a little faith,

Trust,

And a little pixie dust.

- Peter Pan

~~

"They're here!" Amy squeals as she runs down the hall way as fast as she could in her pink onesie. Tucked under her arm was her stuffed penguin toy as I hung back and let her open the door since I was still setting up our pillow fort Amy had insisted on building for the Disney movie marathon.

It seemed all of Amy's movies consisted of Disney, ranging from Beauty And The Beast to The Little Mermaid. I laid the DVDs spread out on the coffee table in my room. Amy insisted on having the movie marathon in my room for some reason.

Standing back to stretch my back, I look at Amy and I's work. My bed had successfully been filled to it's absolute limit with pillows and blankets, as well as the floor almost being covered completely. I'm pretty sure we used all the pillows in the house aswell.

Amy and I had also constructed a pillow cave with a blanket hanging lazily over the top as a roof.

The TV was already set up and I headed out the room to the kitchen to grab the popcorn I had prepared in the microwave.

"Woah." I hear down the corridor along with footsteps, I don't think they had been in the house before. So basically they were going through the same awestruck feeling as I did when I first walked through the door.

I carry four large bowls of popcorn to the coffee table beneath the mounted TV. I had already put out the other bowls of lollies there, like Skittles and a bunch more. I literally just told Amy to grab all the packets of lollies she wanted at the shops.

It wasn't long after I had dove into my spot under the blanket fort with my laptop, laying on my stomach before Amy lead the boys and Raine into the room. I tried to remain glued to my laptop screen, browsing through my social media sites. I was yet to form a Twitter page as I was hesitant due to the fear of hate and my old high school 'friends' returning into my life.

"Hey Shi." I hear the boys chorus and I look at, but my tiny smile was replaced with a frown.

"Where's Ashton?" I question, propping elbow up and my chin in my hand as the boys shrug.

"He said he had a date with some chick he met at the wedding." Calum answers and I raise an eyebrow.

Ashton finally found a girl huh?

"Dibs the beanbag!" I hear Michael call out quickly as he scans the room. I see Cal and Raine move over to the love seat to the side. Amy locks eyes with me and instantly clutches Luke's hand, dragging him over to me with her.

As soon as they slip inside the fort beside me, I back out.

"Where you going?" Luke blurts out and I look at him before continuing to walk to the TV.

"Someone's gotta turn the movies on." I say with a raised eyebrow, shaking my head and Luke blushes as he feels like an idiot.

"Can we watch Peter Pan first?" Amy gasps and I nod, the others in the room him in response. I'll take that as a yes.

Peter Pan was one of my favourites too.

I quickly take out the movie disc and put it into the DVD player, pressing play and walking back to the fort. I have a different position than before though, I lean against the back board of the bed this time, reaching forward to pull my laptop back onto my lap.