- 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

lowercase intended.
553 words.
3rd person pov.

-

"𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸, 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗲𝗴𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗲𝘁. 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗻𝗼𝘄." larray said, leaning against a tree.

it was now 8:00 in brazil, and the entire group was ready to crash for the night.

"we can't, what if something tries to come and kill us?!" noah said.
he wanted to keep moving.
he was scared.
he was so paranoid.

he was overwhelmed too, the entire group was relying on him and his cell phone to get them to safety.

"then 'daddy' chase over here will pull his little knife thingy and make it his bitch like he did with the tiger." larray said.

"yeah, he's right. don't worry, i'll stay up and watch while you guys sleep. we can camp here for the night and get moving in the morning." chase said.

"not in the morning, theres a lake and bitch needs to bathe." larray said, pushing the tree vines and pointing to the lake about three yards from them.

"perfect, we can all hop in and clean off again in the morning before we leave." chase said.

"all at once? naked? together?" noen said, a bit tense.
he looked over and larray and noah a bit nervously.

"well if we all go separately it'll take too long and we'll have to stay another night here." chase said.

"well okay." noen said.

"i'll pass on the shower. i personally don't want to see my older brother naked." ellie joked.

"good choice." chase said.

they both chuckled.

that same night, everyone laid on the grass silently.

dixie and ellie sound asleep facing each other.

larray and noah asleep with their backs pushed together.

chase and noen, laying on their stomachs.
they looked up at the sky in silence.

"chase?" noen mumbled.

"yeah?" chase asked.

"what if we die?" noen asked, a soft yet fearful voice.

"then i guess we die." chase said, trying to be gentle but truthful.

"yeah but what about everything we have back at home?" noen asked.
"our friends, and family? i wish i was home right now, laying in my bed next to my cat with the tv going as i fell asleep."

silence.

"i'm not ready to die yet chase." he whispered.

chase sighed and turned over on his side and moved closer to noen.
he brought his hand to his cheek and left his thumb on his lip, gently turning his face toward him.

"we're not going to die noen. i'm not going to let you die. i'm going to protect you, and all of us. it's you and me, it always has been and always will be. you're my best friend." he said.

a single tear slid down noen's face as chase spoke.

"and if we do die, we're dying together." chase said.

noen gave him a small nod and placed his hand on his wrist.

"get some sleep beb, i don't want you to be sleepy in the morning." chase smiled, moving his hand from his cheek.

"goodnight." noen said, turning on his side- his back facing chase.

"goodnight bubba." chase said.
he laid flat on his back, giving his attention back to the stars, as the other slept the night away.

-

𝙣𝙮𝙖'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚;
aww wholesome
ig - @ plut0vsp