to watch (1)

(💢Attention readers❗ Spoilers from manga issues #282 & #293.  You have been warned, so get over it, if you didn't bother to read this❗~•†• Michi Tala)

My name is ありさ (Arisa) and I am a Mononoke (物の怪)[1]. I am what most call a vengeful spirit that takes the form of a human woman. I bring suffering and disease to those who harm others. I define it as those who would find pleasure in the suffering of others that can not defend themselves.

Yet should a human come along, of great kindness to all creatures, I will bestow good fortune upon them instead.

This is a tale of such a thing in which a human bestowed a gift to me, in return. It is a most cherished gift. This human man, a teacher, taught me much about the human heart and most of all, love. What it is to be loved, unconditionally.

I, Arisa, live in the earthly world of mechanized creation better known as Steampunk. It is far from my ideal home which is Okunoin Temple. I find comfort where the samurai found their resting place of peace. Often too, they made decisions to face death to protect the innocent or those unable to fight back. They sometimes offer to counsel me on how to be more just and less vengeful.

Aah, but forgive me for I have digressed from the story about a certain college professor. His name was 相あい澤ざわ消しょう太た (Aizawa Shōta) and he instructed students on how to use the special gifts, called a quirk, to better the world. He worked for a college by the name of U.A. High 雄ゆう英えい高こう校こう (Yūei Kōkō). The school is not only for high school but offers first year classes for college also. Professor Aizawa began as a homeroom teacher then progressed to college level classes including interpretation of a hero's role in society.

That was not his first calling in life though. Shota took the dangerous profession of hero and toughest road of all, the underground hero. He did not wish fame or glory but only to serve and to protect all in the mechanized city of (結むす田た府 ) Musutafu. Aizawa would even do an occasional case of undercover work when the situation called for it.

He and I met one dark night in a terrible part of the city. I was requested to repair a complex spine and leg unit on a man by name of Rikiya Yotsubashi (四よツ橋ばし力りき也や, you might know him better as Re-Destro (リ・デストロ). The powerful villain, by the name of Shigaraki Tomura, battled this rival villain Re-Destro and Shigaraki's quirk, called decay, left Re-Destro as a client of mine. I had not originally outfitted his steampunk body modification but I now was going to be repairing it and most likely upgrading for a large sum of money.

~⚙️If you ask my paid cliente it was Tinkering. I can create any steampunk idea and make it. I can repair and improve to superior quality with inferior materials, hence the idea Tinkering.

[3]Re-Destro had other more terrible plans set aside for me. He began to desire me in such a fashion as a yandere. Since his original legs and spine were not installed, as stated before by me, so this was my chance as Mononoke to finally inflict his punishment. My would be yandere villain set in motion my meeting with Aizawa or as villains, would learn to know him as, Eraserhead (イレイザー・ヘッド Ireizā Heddo?).

"Good evening Arisa, I thought perhaps I had not offered enough money to acquire your services, " Re-Destro comments to me.

I simply blink my eyes to his attempt to make me feel inferior in his presence. "No, perhaps you have over paid Sir..."

"Never! To have the well known Arisa of the 気負い (fighting spirit, fighting mood) steampunk workshop, to work on your steampunk modifications is second only to having them done originally, by you. I hear it is like making love to a goddess, the experience you create as you work upon your client..."he says as if to compliment me but as if I should feel the danger he is hinting at.