Part 16

[Bethany's P.o.v]

"Bethany I know you're in there. NOW OPEN UP!" I hear a female voice say. Her voice sounding so faint, and distant.

*Well duh that person couldn't exactly be waking you up from the other side of your door now can they? * my wolf sarcastically retorts.

I groggily wake up rubbing my eyes as I stretch, a wide yawn escaping my mouth . I sigh as I look at the clock. It was only three p.m, don't people know it's rude to wake a girl up from her beauty sleep?

"I'M COMING!" I grumble out loud. I walk up to the front door, I don't even have to look through the peephole to know that it's Erin standing outside my door.

"Erin." I say, as I open the front door .

She eyes me up in my fleece onesie.

"Don't tell me you just woke up? " She asks sounding amused.

"So what if I did?" I retort smiling back at her, already feeling abit more awake.

"You look really gorgeous!" I say admiringly. Erin is using a long body fitting plain red off shoulder dress, matched with a pair of black stilettos, gold dangly earrings, completing the look with a low curled bun.

"How was your induction?" I ask whilst stepping aside to allow Erin inside.

"Oh it was fun, although there were some really uptight girls there. Thank you for everything." She gushes.

"Ooh I'm glad you had such a great time, can I get you anything?" I ask, not forgetting any of the manners that had been ingrained in my head over, and over again during the past few years.

"I'm quite full thanks, what about you though? Aren't you hungry? " She asks.

" Oh I already ate. I'm used to waking up early, so I did what ever I had to, and I went back to sleep." I say with a shrug.

"So what brings you here?" I politely ask not wanting to sound rude.

"Well Blake broke up with Erica today at school. " She says looking at me for a reaction.

Okay so even though I knew this was a possibility, this still surprised me. A part of me felt relieved, happy, but a part of me also felt unsure.

"He really did? " I ask sounding a little surprised.

" Yeah caused quite the controversy at home, although everyone else is just under the impression that Blake and Erica are having problems. It's going to be so crazy when everyone finds out. Everyone assumed that Blake and Erica were made for each other, you can imagine their surprise when they found out abit the split. " She says, trying to emphasize the impact of the shock that the split had caused.

She didn't know that she didn't have to explain it to me though. I already knew that everyone thought that Erica was Blake's mate. This wouldn't have been just a shock, this is explosive. I actually feel glad that just this once, I wasn't on the receiving end of all this drama.

"And you came all the way here, still decked up, to tell me this?" I ask sounding abit unsure.

"Uh... Well not exactly." She says with an innocent smile on her face.

"Something tells me that I'm not going to like what you have to say." I mumble.

"Well Robert and Carly told me to bring you to dinner tonight, no excuses whatsoever." She says.

"Who?" I ask lamely.

"Why Blake's and Cole's folks of course ." She says, sounding completely innocent.

Omg! Omg! I say repeatedly in my mind, having an internal mini freak out. Dinner! Parents! Tonight! Oh Moon Goddess no. What if they don't like me? Do I even want them to like me? Well I wouldn't someone not to dislike me in general either. Arrrg this is so frustrating.

"Beth." Erin says gently, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Why would they want to meet me? How do they even know about me?" I ask.

"Well everyone already knew of your arrival 2 months ago, then you were mentioned again when you helped Cole snap out of his worries. I may have mentioned what a gem you are after I met you, and to put the cherry on top. Blake mentioned you as well. So which parents wouldn't be curious about a single person rocking up their families lives, all in a good way off course." She adds.

"Do I have to go? " I ask, although something tells me that this question was futile.

"Mrs Cane gets what she wants, who do you think taught me to get my way around the Cane boys? " She states with this proud gleam in her eye.

If Erin learnt a thing or two from Mrs Cane, boy am I in for a long night I think to myself .

"Well let's get moving!" Erin exclaims.

"What now? It's only a few minutes after 3." I lamely reply.

"No Beth, let's get you ready to meet the Canes. You don't want to go to dinner in your tiger onesie now do you? It would make a really bad impression especially since the Canes are really partial to wolves." She teases, but I knew better off course.

"Oh please, you're just looking for an excuse to dress me up, so that you don't look over done for dinner tonight ." I tease back.