eight

clay i love you
i love you too

oh my fucking god.
he did not just fucking do that.

lmao
not funny

clay i'm not joking
please be serious with me
i've liked you since sophomore year

i cant tell if ur joking or not

clay i'm not joking
i can prove it if you'd like

prove it how ???

are u home alone

why

answer the question

my parents went to work
my sister is still fast asleep
why

one minute, no reply.
two minutes, no reply.

i start to panic.
what is he doing?
is this even real?

only a few seconds later, i hear a knock at my door.

i check the time. 12pm.
maybe it's a mailman. they come around this time sometimes. good thing i've washed up.

i shuffle downstairs to open the door, rubbing my eyes.
i turn the knob to open it, expecting a middle aged man with mutton chops and a package in his arms.
instead, i was greeted with george.
he looked like he hadn't slept.

it was maybe 2 seconds of just me staring at him in surprise, maybe shock.

before i could open my mouth to speak, before i could ask him why he was here, he did the unthinkable.

he quickly wrapped his arms around my neck, jumping into my arms, my first instinct being to catch him.
there he was, one arm around my neck with his legs wrapped around my waist, using a hand to cup the right side of my jaw.
it all happened so quickly, and before i could react, he closed the already closing gap between us.

tilting his head to the right, he gently pressed his lips to mine.

he tasted like vanilla. maybe he used chapstick.

nonetheless, it was wonderful. he didn't wanna pull away, but we had to, if we wanted to breathe.

it was gentle, though passionate.
we broke apart to breathe, and just admired eachother for a second. still in my arms, he wrapped both arms tightly around my neck and buried his face in the spot where my neck and shoulder met. i could feel his breathing soften and his heart beating ever so close to my chest.

i walked back to close the door with my leg, and carried him to sit on the couch with me.
i pet his hair as he softened into my touch.
he shifted in my lap to get comfier. i couldn't help but smile.

"are you gonna stay there all day?" i asked, giggling softly.

"i'd like to." he confirmed, shaking his head slightly to say yes.

i almost forgot that my sister was still in the house, but good thing she was still fast asleep. lets hope she doesn't walk into such a sight. not that it's a bad thing, i just don't want her snitching i guess.

it was maybe a minute or two before he spoke again.

"were you- were you ever planning on telling me?" he asked, lifting his head to expose his face so that i could hear him clearly.

"yeah, i just didn't know when." i replied, stroking his hair again.

"what was the point of the letter? you think i wouldn't know?" he asked, giggling softly at a reason i wasn't sure of.

"well who would've thought you knew what my messy printing looked like." i mumbled, looking down to avoid eye contact.

there was another moment of silence, before he spoke once again.

"are there more?"
"hm?"
"letters. h-have you written any more?"

i paused. am i gonna tell him about the box?

for the first time, i was embarrassed about my letters.
i took a breath and buried my face gently into the crook of his neck, pulling him closer and holding him tightly.

"yeah." i said, barely a whisper. though i couldn't see it, i could feel a smile growing on george's face.

"how many are there?" he asked, stroking my hair this time and making me go soft against him.
"i don't wanna say." i mumbled, a shade of pink about to coat my features all the way to m ears.
"it's ok, i won't tell anyone. i promise." he said, gentleness in his tone. his voice was small, careful.

i gave in.

"th- there's a box of them. a shoebox." i muttered, quietly.

george paused.

"full of them?" he asked, and i nodded shamefully.
"how long have you been writing them, clay?" he questioned, with the same small tone as the rest of his questions.

i sighed.

"s-since ive had a crush on you."
"and when was that?"
"..10th grade."

george chuckled softly. his laugh made me weirdly comfortable.

"did you know you're the reason i'm bisexual, clay?" he asked, smiling at me.

"i'm what?" i asked, lifting my head, shocked and a little confused.

"i've liked you since we were freshmen. well, it was on and off i guess. but when i came out, that was around the time i realized i liked you. did i not make it obvious?" he wondered, pulling back from my touch a little to see my face.
i shook my head at his question. there was absolutely no hint that he ever liked me.

"i guess i'm good at hiding the fact i that i cry over you the night before we see eachother at school." he murmured, looking down and playing with his fingernails.

i looked over at him and noticed how tired his eyes were. the area underneath them were greyish black, and he looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"are you gonna go home? aren't your parents gonna be confused?" i asked him, and he shook his head.
"they're at work. they probably wouldn't care that i'm gone anyway." george muttered, rubbing his left eye and proceeding to shuffle closer to me and rest his tired head on my shoulder. i held him by the waist as his breaths started to get slower and more relaxed, indicating that he was falling asleep. right in my arms.

i leaned my head on his, smelling the scent of his shampoo. it smelled of coconut and shea butter. i happily breathed it in while waiting for him to fall asleep fully. it didn't take long.

i gently scooped him into my arms to take him upstairs in my room so that he could rest.
he thankfully wasn't too heavy and it was easy carrying him up the stairs. i did my best not to wake up my sister in the process. i arrive to my room and laid him down gently into the already messed up sheets, before crawling in with him.
i was careful not to wake him up as i wrapped my body around his to keep him warm. he snuggled up to me in his sleep, and i felt his warm breath on my chest. he rested a hand on my chest as i started to fall asleep with him.

all that filled my mind was that he loved me.
-
a/n
ooo wow look at me not continuing my books before starting other ones 😍
yes i'm writing another one so don't expect me to update any of my other books anytime soon
sorry LMAO i know i'm really messy
anyway i love u <3333