Ch | 26

Brooklyn Noelle Brankovich

Chapter Twenty-six: "Girls who witness crimes together, shop together"

I woke up the third day in my new place. Most people can't believe when their dreams come true but it was very real to me.

11 AM

A smile plastered on my face, I got up and stretched as I let out a yawn.

First, I looked out at the view and then cracked my bones and twirled my ankles and wrists.

I was surprised I slept so well after staying up until three AM.
And no, I wasn't up with Noah. I'm really trying the whole space and taking it slow thing. Besides, he has a life of his own, too. He should act the same as he did before I arrived.
That just reminds me that I need (other) friends.

I looked at my phone when I heard a text notification.

I jumped over my bed to grab my iPhone off the charger and saw that it was only Will. He was pestering me and being thirsty per usual, but I guess I should appreciate the effort? With his persistence, I know he makes a great lawyer.

I ignored his message and was ready to get off of my phone when Noah shot me a text, too. It read:

Hey girl

I laughed. I think that's becoming our thing, I love when he says "girl."
So I replied with what I usually say back when he calls me that:

Hey boy

This movie is reminding me of you...

I smiled and texted back:

What movie?

He replied:

Rango

I laughed out loud. Remembering only a little what it was, I had to Google it to make sure.
My face went straight as I saw the animated character.

"It's so ugly," I squealed falling on my back, kicking my feet in the air.

I didn't have to text him back because he sent another message before I could. He said:

You look like Beans

I replied:

😳The armadillo?

iguana* dumbass

*Read*

I laughed and tossed my phone onto my mattress as I crawled out of bed so I could get some clothes to throw on once I got out of the shower, starting my day.

I got out and towel dried my body. Music that was playing from my phone paused when I received a notification. It was another text, only this time, it was Cassie. That came as a shock.
I wrung my wet hair out and then lifted my phone to unlock it with my face and view the message.

Are you busy today? Do you wanna go shopping? You mentioned it the other day

A smile spread across my lips. She's coming around, I thought. That's big of her. For a second there, I was worried we'd never form any sort of relationship because she's so distant. We did agree to be friends on the cruise, though, after all.

I replied:

Please! See you around 3?

Cassie sent: