10//Guys' Night

Chapter 10

(Eve's POV)

"Two beers please!" I heard a man yell from somewhere. I turned to my left and saw Luke quickly trying to get everyone's orders. I let out an exhausted breath but ran to the fridge, grabbing two beers from it. I ran back to the man who had asked for them and set it on the counter in front of him. At least, I think it was him who asked.

I looked around at the crowded bar, taking in the sight of men drinking and shouting, now louder than ever. I noticed a couple of men staring at me as I worked, but I guess that's what I get for being the only female in the entire bar at the moment.

It was Guys' Night tonight at the bar. Everywhere I turned, there was a pack of sweaty and drunken men who were asking for alcohol. I had to say that it was my least favorite day to work, but since I was the fastest at the bar, I was put in charge. I didn't really enjoy the amount of men here who took advantage of the fact that the drinks were free and I was the only woman here, but what say did I have in this?

There were a bunch of dollar bills on the counter which I quickly collected, realizing that they were tips. I stuffed them in the tip jar behind me and didn't pay much attention to them. I knew that Luke, the other two bar tenders - John and Brad - and I would be splitting it later. Although I clearly served more people than them, I knew that I had no real proof of whose is whose. It wouldn't make a big difference anyways, nobody ever tipped more than five dollars.

"Eve! Eve!" I heard Brad say from next to me. I turned to him, mixing a drink in my hand.

"What?"

He nodded over to the side of the counter, "someone spilled a drink. Do you have it?"

I looked past him at the rambunctious group of guys at the end of the counter who paid no attention to the beer that was knocked over on the counter. I sighed, then nodded to Brad. "Yeah, I got it."

He nodded then quickly began pouring whiskey into the shot glasses in front of him. I rapidly worked on pouring vodka into a glass in front of me and handing it over to the man across the counter from me who had asked for it earlier. After I did so, I turned around and ran to the mess, grabbing a rag on my way there.

When I reached there, I noticed three guys, who looked way too young to be at a bar, fooling around on the other side. My blood boiled. I hated when people thought they could sneak in underage.

"Hey!" I called over the loud people.

One of the boys - a tall brunette with blue eyes - turned around. He signaled his other two friends, both blonde, and they all three turned to me.

"I'm going to need to see your IDs," I told them.

One blonde grew wide eyed while a smirk played on the brunettes lips. I realized that he probably thought I was kidding, but I was dead serious.

"I'm James," he grinned, extending his hand.

I let out a sigh, then looked down at his hand before making eye contact with him once again. "IDs or I'm calling the cops."

The blondes turned to the brunette who raised a challenging eyebrow. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his license, handing it over to me. Because he was so stupid and full of himself, he thought I would just let it slide.

"Come on baby," James said, leaning against the counter and smirking at me. "Let this slide."

I handed him back his license and eyed the two blondes. I leaned forward against the dry part of the counter and said, "beat it or you're leaving in handcuffs."